Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome DIVA fans! This is a *new* DIVA board as of Dec. 27, 2017, which is when DIVA was converted to Zetaboards web host.... The navigation panel is below the banner (or at the top for some themes) along with FAQs about the board. I am slowly making changes, corrections (due to incompatible codes) and additions so please keep coming back.... I am keeping this board for fans.... Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... Robin Strasser is currently represented by Mavrick Artists ... Her agent is Bobby Moses.... On Twitter, Strasser tells fans she has moved from NYC to Bell Canyon, CA but will remain bi-coastal....Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. After you register sign the board's guestbook.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Strasser in new ABC Soaps In Depth Interview
Topic Started: Apr 6 2018, 05:37 PM (185 Views)
cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image Great news for Robin Strasser fans! Look for this article on the newsstands! I will post as more is revealed.
Posted Image
Edited by cher62, Apr 9 2018, 06:07 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[twitter=https://twitter.com/Kel_Larson/status/982357975669981184]
Edited by cher62, Apr 6 2018, 05:48 PM.

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[twitter=soapsindepthabc/status/983440963107467264]

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[twitter=robinstrasser/status/984050805106851840]

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Source: Mag scans from blairfan4life on Twitter

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Old Friends, New Lives

The Real Deal
Robin Strasser (Dorian. ONE LIFE to LIVE) is happily indulging her other passion these days.

Close your eyes for a moment and picture the always-elegant home of ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Dorian. It's easy right? While her longtime portrayer, Robin Strasser, was in her element acting there, in real life, her style is more eclectic. And these days, she's found a way to incorporate it into her other passion: real estate!

"When I grew up, we moved every two years--my mother wasn't in the Army, we were just always moving," she shares. "So it became very important to me, as soon as I had enough money saved, to buy a home.

The Arbiter of Style

The actress has now bought or remodeled more than 40 properties, and she proudly stages them for sale using warm, inviting decor. "I am a very devoted bargain shopper," she says. "Anybody can walk in Bloomingdale's or hire a stylist or designer. I do it myself and I'm very proud of that fact."

Strasser's current Ventura County, CA canyon home is a testament to her talent. Each room is more warm and inviting than the last. It's not a bad place for the star, who was admittedly upset after again losing her livelihood when the Prospect Park version of OLTL concluded 5 years ago, to contemplate her next move. "I was seriously scared about [losing] the security and what that would mean to my finances," she recalls. "And then I went, 'Oh, that addiction to real estate has served me well. Oh, thank you.' See? That was a good addiction!"

For The Record

Today, she spends her free time visiting open houses--"call the EMS and say 'Go check on her' if I ever say no to an invitation to do that," she laughs--and putting pen to paper. They won't be going into a soap, though. Rather she's writing about her own experiences, and she won't reveal more. "It's a superstition," she explains. "If I talk about it, then I don't do it."

Will She Return?

Strasser is also eager to continue acting, be that with a wacky role like Hecuba, the witch she played on PASSIONS, the kind of sitcom work she did a lot of in the 90s or perhaps even another turn as Dorian. "My fantasy is that ABC looks around at all its valuable real estate in the Lincoln Center area of New York City, and which it owns at the studio where GENERAL HOSPITAL is done, and they decide, 'Let's pull [insert the name of you least favorite talk or game show here] and instead put on an amalgamation show for a second hour of great storytelling [besides GH].
"And they pick the best of the best people for it. I only want to do recurring..... I'm 72 years old and cantankerous as a horndog in a beehive," she adds. "I don't ... could not possibly [work more]. But to come in for a hotsy-totsy three months and goodbye? Or to come in twice a month? Enjoyable! That's what I would do if I ran the zoo."---Kelli M. Lawson

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[twitter=https://twitter.com/kdpfan4life/status/984656070634123265]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Curtain Call · Next Topic »
Add Reply