Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome DIVA fans! This is a *new* DIVA board as of Dec. 27, 2017, which is when DIVA was converted to Zetaboards web host.... The navigation panel is below the banner (or at the top for some themes) along with FAQs about the board. I am slowly making changes, corrections (due to incompatible codes) and additions so please keep coming back.... I am keeping this board for fans.... Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... Robin Strasser is currently represented by Mavrick Artists ... Her agent is Bobby Moses.... On Twitter, Strasser tells fans she has moved from NYC to Bell Canyon, CA but will remain bi-coastal....Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. After you register sign the board's guestbook.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Martinez; Ray Montez on OLTL
Topic Started: May 7 2011, 09:31 AM (17,709 Views)
cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Seventeenth Installment
Previous: Anthony Call, Herb Callison OLTL

A Martinez
(Ray Montez, OLTL)
Posted Image

Love and Honor-A Maritnez Scenes
Love and Honor. Season Two Episode 3. First aired on CBS January 22, 1999. Buck swordfights for Inez's honor when a band of men attempt to take her back to Mexico. Chris matches skills with a sharpshooting bandito.(A Martinez-Raphael Cordova Martinez.) This was shown on TNN. Western Adventure Starring Dale Midkiff The Magnificent Seven
Run time= 9:06
I've said it many times but I will say it again here: A Martinez (OLTL's Ray Montez, 2008-2009) is the best romantic acting partner Robin Strasser has had in the last decade. While the deceased Mel Hayes is often referred to as the "love of Dorian Lord's life," Herb Callison as the great love who adopted her daughter Cassie, and David as a three-time husband, Ray Montez possessed a movie-star quality that brought to mind swoon-worthy classic romance of old Hollywood. Most on this board were saddened and even angered at the loss of the actor and character on OLTL while soap bloggers labeled allowing Martinez to slip away one of OLTL's true missed opportunities. The chemistry was obvious. The potential great.

Robin tweeted Posted Image:
Quote:

I don't even like the term: Cougar, let alone went out stalking that story. Love Tuc Watkins (David) but not giving A Martinez contract?huh?
21 Apr

On a Feb. 2, 2011 podcast with Michael Fairman on On Air l On Soaps, Martinez says of Strasser:

Quote:

She's one of the very best I've ever seen. She knows how to get the most out of any given situation, which is pretty rare.

Martinez was born Adolfo Larrue Martinez, III in Glendale, California but it was later shortened to "A" to distinguish him from his father and grandfather. With international fame, Martinez is best known to soap fans for his role as Cruz Castillo on "Santa Barbara" (1984-1992) where he played a romantic lead to Marcy Walker's Eden Capwell. In 1990, Martinez won a Daytime Emmy win for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.
Posted Image
A Martinez (Cruz) and Marcy Walker (Eden).

Says Damon Jacobs (We Love Soaps) of Martinez as #34 of the 50 Greatest Soap Actors:
Quote:

Some actors thrive by chewing the proverbial scenery, releasing all the adrenaline and pent-up emotion in their scenes.  But others hold back and make a career out of challenging their audience to look deeper for emotional expressions and soul-filled revelations.  A Martinez belongs in the latter category, infusing restraint, heat, and spiritual gravity into each of his roles.  I enjoy A on every show, but for me he will always be the quintessential masculine myth Cruz Castillo from SANTA BARBARA.  There he was able to display smoldering sexuality mixed with strength, morality, and integrity.  It's been a long time since daytime has celebrated heroes such as Cruz, and all shows have suffered because of it.

Martinez has a heritage that is Native American, Spanish, and Mexican. He began his professional career when he was twelve years old and won a talent competition title at the Hollywood Bowl. He was in a rock band in high school and on the track team. He pursued acting at UCLA and also played on a semi-pro baseball team for five seasons. While attending UCLA, he first appeared in the feature film "Born Wild," followed in quick succession by other films, including "The Cowboys" (with John Wayne), "Beyond the Limit" (starring Michael Caine), "Once Upon a Scoundrel," "Walking the Edge," "Joe Panther" and "Shoot the Sundown." His feature film credits also include "She Devil" (with Meryl Streep) "Pow Wow Highway," "What's Cooking?" and "Becoming Eduardo" among others.

Martinez has also appeared on stage at the Mark Taper Forum, where he starred in the musical "Bandido!," as Tiburcio Vasez, a real-life bandit whose family was among the original settlers of San Francisco.

More than anything else, the versatile actor is best known for his roles on television such as a recurring role on "All In The Family" as a helper at Archie's bar. In 1978, he appeared as the Indian Circling Hawk in the short-lived ABC series "The Young Pioneers." His other extensive television credits include starring roles in many television movies, among them "Cherokee Kid" (with Sinbad, Burt Reynolds, Gregory Hines and James Coburn), "Grand Avenue" (co-produced by Robert Redford), "Deconstructing Sarah," "She Led Two Lives," "Manhunt: Search for the Nightstalker," "Death Among Friends," "Not of This World" and "Criminal Behavior."

In 2008, Martinez starred in Lifetime Movie Network's "Little Girl Lost: The Delimar Vera Story." In 2009 he played sheriff in a SI-FI movie "The Terminators." In 2011 he co-starred in a SI-FI movie "Mega Python vs. Gatoroid" which starred Debbie Gibson and Tiffany (singer).

Martinez starred on the popular NBC dramatic series "L.A. Law" as Daniel Morales from 1990-94. He was Nick "Coop" Cooper on "Profiler" in 1997. He has also guest-starred in such television hits as "Barney Miller," "Quincy" and "Police Story." He's had appearances on "Viva Laughlin" (2007), " Raines" (2007), "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2007), "Criminal Minds" (2009), "Castle" (2010), and on CBS's "Miami Medical" (2010)

Martinez has been married to his wife Leslie Bryans since 1982 and their children Dakota Lee, Devon Makena and Ren Farren are all artists and performers.

Bucky's Trouble "Come On Home"

A lifelong dream was fulfilled when this talented singer songwriter completed his first album, titled "Fragrance and Thorn," in which he wrote all the lyrics and music for the album, a taste of blues and gospel with splashes of Spanish, classical guitar.

Posted Image
Martinez's album "Fragrance and Thorn."

(Information from various sources including Wikipedia)

Martinez, who has starred as Roy DiLucca on "General Hospital" from 1999-2002, returned to soaps this year in a recurring role on "Bold and Beautiful" as Dr. Ramon Montgomery. The accomplished actor says he understands the economic circumstances that led to his release from OLTL. He continues to speak fondly of his brief time on the show and of Strasser.
SOURCE: Soap Opera Digest
April 5, 2011 issue
Posted Image Posted Image

Click on image to read article

Dorian and Ray: At the Capricorn on 4.2.09
by dia1962
Run time=7:09

RELATED LINKS:
Fandago.com-A Martinez
filmreference.com-A Martinez
A Martinez-Santa Barbara on youtube
A Martinez Scenes
A Martinez Says He'd Come Back If Asked!
About A Martinez and Ray Montez
Dorian and Ray videos
Fans of A Martinez on Facebook
IMDb - A Martinez
Santa Barbara Online
Next--Nathan Fillion
Edited by cher62, Dec 28 2017, 10:27 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SOURCE: classicalite.com
Oct 17, 2014 11:35 AM EDT | Jon Sobel (j.sobel@classicalite.com)
'Othello' Starring A Martinez ('Longmire') Opens Next Week in Los Angeles

The role of Othello requires an actor of gravitas, and Odyssey Theatre Ensemble and New American Theatre are betting A Martinez fits the bill. The actor's long career includes a great deal of television as well as film and theater. His TV roles have ranged from daytime soaps and TV movies to HBO's Grand Avenue, a Robert-Redford produced mini-series about Native American poverty in contemporary Northern California, and three seasons as Jacob Nighthorse in HBO's Longmire. Filmgoers have seen him in She-Devil with Meryl Streep and the iconic Native American odyssey Powwow Highway among others.

Read more
--------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: A Martinez reports on his Facebook page that the play is off.
Edited by cher62, Dec 28 2017, 10:19 PM.

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(scene no longer available.)
A Martinez appeared on CBS's NCIS on the episode titled, "Patience."
Edited by cher62, Dec 28 2017, 10:17 PM.

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Soap Opera Digest Reports A Martinez Headed to DAYS

Posted Image Posted Image

The casting news broke today at Soap Opera Digest that A Martinez has been cast in a new role that "will have many connections in Salem." Along with the Martinez news was the announcement that Thaao Penghlis, who played Tony and Andre DiMera on and off since 2009, is back filming at Days of Our Lives.

First thing's first-- SO happy for Martinez. He is a reason for me to watch the show, especially if they have him on for more than a few appearances. One can't help but wonder if One Life to Live's Montezes will be reunited on Days. Camila Banus played Lola and daughter to Martinez's Ray Montez on OLTL. On Days Banus plays Gabi Hernandez and is currently behind bars for killing a man. Banus was recently nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for her portrayal of the character. Michael Fairman of On Air l On Soaps seems to think Martinez will be cast as her father.

Quote:

From rumblings we are hearing, A may turn out to be the father of Gabi Hernandez played by the just returned Camila Banus and Rafe Hernandez played by Galen Gering.

Wonder if having Josh Griffith as the new head writer (along with Dena Higley) also figures into this latest development. Griffith is familiar with Martinez's talent from working with him on Santa Barbara. Martinez, of course, starred on the NBC soap as heartthrob Cruz Castillo; Griffith began his writing career on SB in 1988.

Only one thing would make me happier and I know that it will only take one guess -- the sight of Robin Strasser joining the show in a capacity that reunites her on screen with Martinez and Kassie DePaiva, who plays Day's Eve Deveraux. Please, Soap Gods.
UPDATED
Posted Image A Martinez @ABoneMartinez
Quote:

A Place for Me in Salem @DaysofOurLives @galengering @KassieDePaiva @camilabanus #thelongandwindingroad #daddyissues
Edited by cher62, Dec 28 2017, 10:16 PM.

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Imagerobin strasser @robinstrasser
Quote:

#AMartinez a GREAT actor & honorable man! #DaysOfOurLives has him now!! #YAYDays (I wasn't going to get cable at my new house, now I will:)
11 June 15

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Love me some Longmire, which now airs on Netflix. S4 was just launched and I've binge watched the entire season. It is my favorite show. I wanted to mention Longmire's revival in this thread because of A's role as Jacob Nighthorse and to also mention that A will be airing as Eduardo Hernandez on Days of Our Lives, beginning Monday, Sept. 21st. He is a favorite of mine so I plan to check it out.
Posted Image
Camila Banus and A Martinez play father and daughter
Edited by cher62, Dec 28 2017, 10:15 PM.

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Be still my heart :wub:
Photo: Kassie DePaiva Twitter

A Martinez @ ABoneMartinez
Quote:

Shared a wonderful lunch with my friends and former colleagues @robinstrasser and @KassieDePaiva (who snapped this). Bonds steeped in the details & memories of special work are bonds that endure, and Robin, in her generosity, put this exquisite twelve-string guitar into my hands.
12 December 2017

Kassie DePaiva @KassieDePaiva
Quote:

Today I had the honor of sharing lunch with 2 of my favorite people @ABoneMartinez @robinstrasser #oltl #family #days
12 December 2017

robin strasser @ robinstrasser
Quote:

Let's take a deep breath together (inhale-exhale)...Cruz cruises on! #AMartinez remains one of our country's finest actors...pace yourself-it's only a matter of time imo you'll be falling in love w/him AGAIN:) LUNCH today was challenging-chewing & crushing at the same time?;-)
13 December 2017

robin strasser @ robinstrasser
Quote:

@KassieDePaiva made it happen-I hadn't seen #AMartinez in 8yrs;( I was heartbroken when #OLTL didn't keep #Ray in #Llanview...really saddened me-CUT to JOY of lunch #WoodlandHills w/Kassie & @ABoneMartinez Talk about an A list lunch:) There were no lapses in the conversation LOL
13 December 2017
Edited by cher62, Dec 29 2017, 05:03 AM.

Jaemlyn
Member Avatar
Fan+
[ *  *  * ]
Somehow I had missed this. Wow. Glorious! These two respect each other as artists and people beyond what most other actors do. I'd even go so far as to say they might be humbled by each other. I'd really love to see them work together again, in anything. Thanks for posting!
Posted Image

cher62
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thought of it as an early Christmas present when I saw it. Honestly, I was just so surprised. I still love the thought of Dorian and Ray, thus the continuing fan fiction. I love that both actors seem to connect with the pairing, too, via their characters. (Psst., hope to see you continue with your writing if you feel the vibe.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Co-stars and Scripts · Next Topic »
Add Reply