Red Bloom created by Agnostic Angel of the IF Skin Zone

Since 2006, DIVA has been a message board and online forum for fans of Emmy award-winning actress Robin Strasser. DISCLAIMER: Expressed views, video uploads by the DIVA board administrator represent support for the actress and do not by association or inclusion represent endorsement of projects or shows that feature Ms. Strasser. Posters on this board are free to express whatever they choose as long as Robin Strasser is respected. Lastly, opinions are those of the individual posters and independent of the actress.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Guests are invited to sign the guestbook while vising the board. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Pulse - Melissa Ethridge

Strasser tweets on 1 year anniversary of Pulse night club murders: LIGHT A CANDLE-say a prayer-Whatever
you do, please take the time to remember the good people lost to the devastation and horror of hate!

Strasser: "...I'm 100% certain 99% of my 17.2 (twitter followers) are #BetteDavisFans"

FEATURED VIDEOS:

"ROBIN STRASSER - One Life to Live - Clip#2 1983"
"ROBIN STRASSER - OLTL - Dorian's Temper"

One Life Many Voices Sample Tracks

READ: Turning Leaves v3 + Lady in Red Short Stories
Unsavory Alliances + Make It REAL (Give Me Your Heart)

Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... On Twitter, Strasser announces home purchase; she keeps a home NYC, will be bi-coastal.... Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC...Strasser Sells THOUSAND OAKS, CA Home... Currently residing in New York... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... VISIT the My Big Fat Unasked For Opinion page on the "Official Website of Robin Strasser" .... Robin offers some marvelous inexpensive beauty tips.... Check it OUT!!! ... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... FOLLOW Robin on TWITTER, call ROBIN's HOTLINE: 212-414-5300... Brilliant & Intimate: The Robin Strasser Official Website: "www.robinstrasser.net"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

"Memorable Moments"
cher62
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 11:32 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

First Edition
user posted image
Picture from Soap Opera Digest Memorable Murders
Memorable Moments

One of my favorite moments on OLTL was the prison storyline after Dorian Lord was convicted and sentenced to 5 years in prison for the murder of cult leader Mitch Laurence when it appeared he was going to rape her daughter, Cassie. With this storyline, there were lots of scenes between Herb, Dorian and Cassie Callison -- though Dorian was dating PI Jon Russell. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the Callisons. I wasn't able to watch the whole storyline but I loved the relationship Dorian had with the women in prison and Dorian was FIERCE! Strasser was excellent in the role! I was amused to read later that the producer at the time, Paul Rauch, thought (maybe it was hoped) she'd hate the part but she in fact, loved it. Furthermore, Strasser loves the old movies from the 30s, 40s, 50s. One of my favorite relationships was the one that involved Dorian and an inmate by the name of Tiny. Tiny was large in size but big of heart. Dorian (that's my diva) took her on in a physical fight in prison. Believe me, words can't do it justice! Anyway, Tiny had a seizure. Dr. Dorian sprang into action and from then on they were best buddies. Tiny didn't let anyone mess with Dorian. Strasser calls this prison storyline one of her favorites. It is one of mine, too. Below are links to video clips that lead up to the sentencing. "Life Behind Bars" will be added in the near future to tell the story of Dorian's stay in prison.
Go to the link. Point your cursor on the title so that you can view the clips in sequence. The parts contained in each series are numbered.*NEW* - The Murder of Mitch Laurence Playlist
Strasser's quote from The Ultimate Interview in 1998 in Soap Opera Digest:

SOD: If there were a character on the show that Dorian should have been paired with, who would he be?
STRASSER: When she was really desperate for money and power, why didn't she go after Asa? Before I left for California, Paul [Rauch, then executive producer] thought it would be a good idea to take away Dorian's money and give it to Tina. So Dorian had to go to work as Asa's assistant. Why didn't I try to seduce him?

SOD: That would have been the "Dorian" thing to do.
STRASSER: Exactly. But Paul wasn't interested in Dorian having power. He put me in prison, in uniforms, and took away my money because he thought I would hate it so much I would quit. He didn't know how much I love "B" movies. I never had so much fun [as] doing my "woman behind bars" story. That story played in the summer and they got the most fabulous actresses to play the prison women, including Kathy Bates. Kathy was doing Night, Mother on Broadway. New York has to keep its soap operas because it helps to underwrite theatre. It keeps a certain amount of the economy enriched here.
mellamel
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 09:50 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,946

Cher,

I too loved this storyline. It was great how Dorian went into prison fearful and feeling like a "coward" as she called herself. Instead, she ends up being her usual take charge self. I too loved the interactions between she and Herb during this time. It was always my undying hope that they would get back together even after she and John broke up.

On another note, I am wondering why our girl hasn't been outfront in the 40th anniversary push. She wasn't part of ringing the opening bell and she wasn't on The View. Vikki AND Dorian ARE OLTL. It showed it on the TWOP poll where she was number 1. I was so happy to see that. biggrin.gif
cher62
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 10:11 AM

Administrator

I'm not sure why she isn't more out front with the anniversary specials (July 21, 22) but being a RS fan I did notice it as it relates to the publicity. I was disappointed that TPTB didn't tout Markle coming back and having scenes with Robin, too. Maybe it was meant to be a surprise to viewers that Mel would appear with Dorian, kind of like what we got with Bo and Asa earlier this week. It's their way of building anticipation but if I didn't have a hint of it from the Hotline, I would not have been very pleased to read that his scenes were only going to be with Viki. IMO, TPTB are wanting things to cool off from the BE takeover where Dorian was front and center. It is appearing to me that TPTB are distinguishing longest running performers RSW, ES and RS and in so doing, their characters Bo, Viki and Dorian. RC even recognized them in his acceptance speech at the Emmys. I've concluded that with Dorian being in the spotlight with the BE storyline, Viki and Bo are now being given a push into center stage with stories/scenes during the anniversary shows. JMHO. (I am glad that we are getting the Viki/Dorian scenes this week and actually RS does get a fair amount of play with Viki/Dorian next week too.)

You are going to get a kick out of seeing the prison behind bars stuff. Pamela Payton-Wright (Addie, OLTL) was Dorian's cellmate. Alexandra Neil (Paige, OLTL) also had a role as a prison mate. Welcome again, btw. Just click on my name and shoot me an email if you have any questions about anything.
cher62
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 04:10 PM

Administrator

Second Edition
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Dorian and Viki spend quality time in a cave.
Memorable Moments

In 2003, Michael Malone and Josh Griffith wrote a script of an avalanche that resulted in Viki and Dorian being stranded in a cave. It was a memorable moment on this soap as is any time the two of them are trapped somewhere together and I am able to witness the synergy between Erika Slezak and Robin Strasser as they get into character and bring to fore the similarities and differences that bind Viki and Dorian and define the essence of One Life to Life. I was intrigued when I read an interview with Malone by Nelson Branco of TV Guide-Canada. The article was mainly about Todd and Marty but Malone commented on Viki and Dorian:

MM: There are just some things that every writer should know. Here’s the architecture: You need Dorian paired with Viki because this is a multi-generational and matriarchal genre. Is Dorian still there?
TVG: Of course. Ron loves to write for Viki and Dorian. He’s a fan of vets.
MM: Every time I pitched a story about Dorian and Viki, Ron would always say, “I got it, Michael.” It doesn’t surprise me that he plays his vets and plays Dorian and Viki just the way they are meant to write that rivalry.

Malone should know. He seemed intrigued by these heart and soul characters, as well. He wrote groundbreaking storyline centered on Viki and Dorian. Malone and Griffith revisited Victor Lord’s death of twenty-some odd years, which turned into his supposed murder that rocked all of Llanview when Dorian was sentenced to death for his murder and later Viki's psyche fractured into several personalities when realizing her father's sexual abuse of her. Furtherstill, Viki and Dorian were stuck together in a secret room with Dorian imprisoned in a plexiglass enclosure while Viki, assuming the personality of Jean, tended guard and forced her nemesis to break up with Joe and marry David Vickers.

That was in the 90s. What I liked about the cave scenes and really every time Dorian and Viki are stuck together, is the meaningful conversations between the characters. Typically, there is bickering before they begin to strip away at the layers and we get to the core of what makes each of them tick and it’s often times heart-rendering as well as nasty as they face truths. In the 2003 cave scenes, Viki gets Dorian to talk about her childhood fears, a familial bond with her sisters and the strength as a survivor in a hellish home in Canton, Ohio. In turn, Dorian gets Viki to talk about Victor and what she wanted most from her father—an admission that he abused her. Later, Dorian and Viki are hesitant to light a string tied to a stick of dynamite to blow a hole in the rock for an escape route. Somewhere in all this, Dorian says that she doesn’t want to die being envious and resentful of Viki.

Viki: Why would you resent me or envy me? Is it just what I have or who I am?
Dorian: It’s what everyone thinks you are.

Viki tells Dorian that Ben is in a coma and he may never recover; her sons are not happy; her daughters have been through hell. She can’t fathom why Dorian would want anything to do with her life. Later, Viki admits to being just as selfish and shallow as anyone else. She shares her dreams for the future that involve her children. Ultimately, she admits to an emptiness. These women are vastly different but there were evident commonalities.

Dorian: You miss Ben. I miss Mel, too.

Fantasy sequences were sprinkled through out the drama and added levity to the often heavy content that even had them both considering their mortality and examining what life would be like for their families without them. At one point, Dorian and Viki imagined life as each other. In the end, they both preferred to be in their own skin. I agree. There's no one else quite like them. Slezak and Strasser play legacy characters that define OLTL, making each of their scenes together where they are trapped somewhere all the more special. They can't be praised enough for their significant contribution to the genre of Daytime Television.

Below are links to video clips:
RELATED LINK: Erika Slezak, One Life to Live
cher62
Posted: Nov 9 2008, 03:14 PM

Administrator

Third Edition
user posted imageuser posted image
Stephen Markle (Mel) and Robin Strasser (Dorian) on screen after 10 years.
Memorable Moments

I didn't know what to think when Dorian essentially picked up a drunk in a Washington D.C. bar and the two of them got a hotel room and spent the night together. Yeah there was some interesting conversation but this was the first time I'd seen this guy, whose name was Mel Hayes. So, I didn't know if I wanted him with Dorian, especially when I learned he was killing himself by drinking because of the recent death of his father and wife and later after he showed up in Llanview and embarrassed Dorian in front of her family and friends. Given all that, there was something irrepressible and likable about seeing Stephen Markle and Robin Strasser on screen together. Even as I was unsure of Mel, it seemed only natural that these two characters be together. It had been years since I'd seen Dorian's face light up like that just at a man's presence. And Mel seemed equally captivated, as if he couldn't help it, despite all his baggage. So I leaped into this romance with them.

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image PermaLINK: "Dorian and Mel: A Love Story."
This playlist will capture the romance from it's beginning.
user posted image
Dorian and Mel Love Story, Part 2
I will still update the Dorian and Mel video series on the DIVA board.
This is just another option available for your viewing pleasure.

The execs at ABC brought Markle back to OLTL for 40th anniversary shows that aired in July. Markle's Mel appeared on screen after Dorian and Viki were in an accident and Dorian assumed Viki was dead. A distressed Dorian looked just slightly to her right and saw a man in hat and trench coat. It was Mel. She questioned his appearance momentarily (it was in her imagination-he's supposedly dead). Next, she slowly left the car and quickly leaped into his arms with a cry of exuberance. The last time I saw Dorian look that happy it was with Mel. It has been 10 years since Markle and Strasser have been on screen together. Even so, I was hooked all over again. No matter the circumstances and across all bounds, I could see these people still loved each other.

RELATED LINKS:
cher62
Posted: Jan 25 2009, 04:57 PM

Administrator

Fourth Edition
user posted image
Robin Strasser as Dorian Lord during final scenes at OLTL in 2000.

Memorable Moments

It was February, 2000 when Robin Strasser as Dorian Lord stopped in her foyer and glanced at her legendary portrait atop her stairs and with a finger pointing at the picture foretold, "Hey Gorgeous, I'm sure we're doing the right thing." With those words she headed toward the front doors of her mansion, turned and took one final glance before closing the door. I recall watching the episode with one of my Dorian fan friends and feeling shocked and then immediately angry because hers were not the final scenes on the show (It was Sam Rappaport on a bench with who would later be Bo's son Matthew.) and there wasn't much of a montage for Diva Dorian-- a character of such magnitude she is legendary and known to viewers outside the soap circle. It was as if then producer Jill Farren Phelps wanted to sweep Robin's exit under the carpet and go on with the show. So I was not a happy fan for a long list of reasons. It just shouldn't have happened. The years that followed with occasional viewing gave me a glimpse into what Llanview was like without Dorian. Because she is such a presence in the lives of her family, it made absolutely no sense that she would be traveling the world with a lover when Kelly was assaulted or when Blair was shot. There was no Robin and no Dorian and a huge hole in the show as if the heart had been sucked out of it. The show seemed foreign.

Nonetheless, these final days on the show before Robin left were memorable days because they were her final days or at least what one believed at that time. There wasn't anything significant in terms of story. And oh yeah, the politics I assume behind the scenes prevented a return by Stephen Markle as Mel, who fans were hoping would rise from the "presumed dead" for Robin's final scenes. It never happened. We got Drake Faraday (Leigh McCloskey) who was an old friend of Mel's.

There are lessons to be learned. If OLTL should ever be canceled, there are at least two contract players who should be left standing--Erika Slezak and Robin Strasser. And Viki and Dorian should share the final scenes. oltl.gif viki.gif dorian4.jpg And I might add, long live One Life to Live.

RELATED LINKS:
Strasser SOD interviews @ Tribute to Daytime Diva Robin Strasser
  • One Life to Live's Robin Strasser: The Ultimate Interview (1998)
  • Soap Opera Digest Interview (2000)
Classic Dorian Video Clips - the 80s
  • Dorian Leaves for Mendorra (1987)
ROBIN STRASSER - 2000 Last Day on OLTL (Video)
More from Jonathan Richards can be found in the Tribute section of the DIVA Gallery
cher62
Posted: Jan 25 2009, 04:59 PM

Administrator

Below are links to video clips:

user posted image
  • Dorian and the Doppelgänger: Dorian is Leaving with Drake, Part 1
    In February 2000, Robin Strasser left her signature role as Dorian Cramer Lord on One Life to Live. Drake Faraday, a good friend of Dorian's deceased husband, Mel Hayes, came to town and quickly entrenched himself in her life. It was a bit odd and I recall fans constantly wondering if Drake was a doppelgänger for Mel because of the similarities in mannerism, comments in conversation and Dorian's immediate attraction to him. In the scenes for part 1 of 11 clips, Dorian meets Drake Faraday (Leigh McCloskey) for the first time.
cher62
Posted: Jan 25 2009, 05:00 PM

Administrator

cher62
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 11:29 AM

Administrator

Fifth Edition

I Remember Canton

user posted image
Cassie and Mel talk Dorian into facing
frightening truths from her childhood.

Memorable Moments

Maybe it's because I like dark, rich chocolate that I enjoy the Canton Storyline so much. The chocolate is decadent but not too sweet-- as was the case of this storyline that took place in 1997 and 1998 and remains the Bible to Dorian Cramer's childhood in which insanity unfolded and drove two of Dorian's sisters into mental institutions, but spared Dorian, who remained strong and defiant. Still the fear of falling prey to insanity remains a constant for all of the Cramers. In Dorian's case, it's made her exceedingly protective of each family member, whom she continues to provide moral support, a safe haven, financial security and unwavering love. This is not to say she doesn't go overboard in her love for them -- frequently stepping into an area that is intrusive and overbearing in trying to control the fate dealt each so that she can make their futures brighter, happier.

As written by my favorite soap writer Claire Labine and her son, Matt, Dorian is raised by Sonya and Dr. Louis Cramer, along with a nanny, Charlotte Stonecliff. Dorian has two sisters, Addie, who is the oldest and Melinda, who is the youngest. Sonya's maiden name is Russian -- Roskova. Miss Stonecliff was Sonya's nanny, who immigrated to the States with the Roskovas. Miss Stonecliff was exceedingly protective of Sonya, who was musically gifted but also insane. She required there be no noise in the home with three young children so that she could listen to the muse within her mind that instructed her on how to play her music; she called the muse her "teacher." Noise made the "teacher" go away. This twisted way of thinking lead to the young Cramer girls being forced by their mother to torment each other. Dorian witnessed it all, blocked out nightmarish parts of it and remained determined to keep much of it locked away, particularly how her parents died. The secrets of Dorian's childhood would have remained hidden within the recesses of Dorian's mind had it not been for Mel and Cassie's concern this hidden trauma was tearing her apart.

I have just begun a Canton storyline playlist that starts with Dorian visiting the farmhouse she grew up in. If you've ever been curious about how Dorian became the character that she is today-- fiery, protective, neurotic-- this is a must see and a memorable moment in the character's history.

RELATED VIDEOS:
user posted image
The Canton Storyline, Playlist
Dorian's strong reaction to Todd gaining custody of Starr caused Mel and soon members of her family to question if her reaction was related to something from her childhood. Soon, against Dorian's wishes, Mel and her loved ones began digging into her past and unearthing secrets surrounding the time in which Dorian's sister, Melinda, was injured in a riding accident and Dorian's parents were supposedly killed in a plane crash. This saga picks up at the point where Dorian has finally decided to go to Canton and the events that follow....
user posted image
Dorian and Mel: A Love Story, Playlist
This playlist features the love story of journalist Mel Hayes and Llanview doctor and socialite Dorian Cramer Lord.
user posted image
Dorian and Mel Love Story, Part 2
user posted image
Make You Feel My Love - Adele (Music Video)
One of the things that I love most about Dorian Cramer Lord is that she loves fiercely. She is a mother lioness with her daughters and she will do anything to protect them even though by example her mother was mentally ill and incapable of showing her the love for which she longed.
user posted image
Bring on the Rain (Music Video)
A Cassie Callison music video by MrsTrevorDillon.

RELATED LINKS:
The Paley Center - Claire Labine
The House of Cramer (Fan Fiction)
divafan
Posted: May 11 2009, 02:17 PM

Member No.: 120

I don't quite know where this needs to go but I was searching on the net and ran across this recap of OLTL in a newspaper in 1980. I thought it was interesting and decided to post it. I also found it amusing to see what our diva was up to in 1980 laugh.gif

One Life to Live: In Paris, Chuck corners Nicole in hotel and prepares for thug Bruno to take care of Pat. Chuck is displeased with his assignment but has already taken orders from Asa. Dorian wires Herb if he wants a large contribution for the campaign then he must fly to Paris. Herb obeys, makes love to Dorian but is upset when she holds out on money. Herb calls Gretel from Paris airport claiming he is in town, but Gretel is on to him when she hears flight announcement spoken in French. Deciding to leave Llanview, Gretel trains Carla to take over campaign duties. Asa warns Sam that the jilted Mick may be dangerous but she disagrees and refuses offer to move into the hotel for safety. Mick plots to regain Sam and gets duplicate Sam’s apartment key from Mimi. Brad refuses to sign divorce papers, thinking Jenny will never have relationship with Peter while she is married to Brad, making Peter so frustrated that he will end the relationship. Jenny, no longer wanting to be under Brad’s thumb, makes love to Peter. Viki wants a man in her life.

posted in St.Petersburg Times October 1, 1980

Of course, since I am a fan of Dorian and Herb, it was interesting to know what they were up to during this time. I didn't began watching OLTL till around 1984 so I missed the good stuff!!!
cher62
Posted: May 11 2009, 04:03 PM

Administrator

Of course, since I am a fan of Dorian and Herb, it was interesting to know what they were up to during this time. I didn't began watching OLTL till around 1984 so I missed the good stuff!!!

herb.jpg dorianwinter.jpg I was in school but I did catch the show after school off and on when Herb and Dorian were getting together because I absolutely loved them. I remember Rae, too, then played by Linda Dano. I don't recall this specific scene but it's been nearly 30 years! Thanks for posting (and here's fine). It was lots of fun to read about them. By all means post any other blasts from the past you run across and any favorite memories.
mellamel
Posted: May 12 2009, 10:14 AM

Member No.: 2,946

Someone recently mentioned a line once where Herb told Dorian to stop treating him like a prostitute and she told him to stop acting like one. I wonder if that happened after that Paris scene. I would have loved to have seen that.
divafan
Posted: May 12 2009, 08:52 PM

Member No.: 120

QUOTE (mellamel @ May 12 2009, 10:14 AM)
Someone recently mentioned a line once where Herb told Dorian to stop treating him like a prostitute and she told him to stop acting like one. I wonder if that happened after that Paris scene. I would have loved to have seen that.

That is hilarious! One thing I always loved about the characters of Dorian and Herb were the wonderful exchanges they always had....I think the relationship that Robin and Tony shared offscreen showed onscreen....I miss OLTL during the 80's!!!! I wish they would put those episodes on a dvd to sale....
cher62
Posted: May 31 2009, 06:00 AM

Administrator

Sixth Edition

Memorable Moments
To Hell and Back
Dorian is shot and in her subconscious ends up in hell.

I recall this storyline as one that was generally panned by critics and one met with mixed review by fans. Many did not like the scenes that went along with Dorian's fantasy life and others thought it a trite ending to the more lengthy and layered Cramer backstory written by Claire and Matt Labine, who were at this point replaced by head writer Pam Long. I think it was Dorian's line to her mother that "you did the best you could," with a shrug and forgiveness that kind of summed up that particular objection for some.

S: How can you love me?
D: You did the best you could.
S: It wasn't good enough.
D: So what? I forgive you.

Whatever one's views, there needed to be a segue from Dorian's horrendous demons of her childhood and guilt at her mother's death to a willingness to allow Mel back into her life. The question was whether this storyline was successful in achieving that path.

I think there were some nuggets in the scenes, such as when Kelly in The Palace bathroom told Blair that no one had ever loved her like Dorian and then later, when Cassie, Kelly, and Blair climbed into Dorian's bed for comfort. All of these Cramers yearned for love and guidance and Dorian was their mother lioness and their anchor. Those scenes were full of such love. These are amongst my favorite scenes ever with the Cramers. We saw through these scenes that Dorian had learned how to love and was loved.

Back to Dorian's mother. She spouted some truisms for the character. IMO, many of Dorian's actions are defined by her central belief that she does not deserve to be loved. I think that it continues to haunt her as she finds herself in situation of being abandoned by those whom she allows herself to love, mainly with the men in her life but also an estrangement with her biological children, both of whom she gave to others when they were babies. "I never loved anyone of you," Sonya said of her children while in the hell scenes with Dorian. "You learned what I taught you and there was no love in the lesson."

I continue to be fascinated by this mother/daughter relationship that was only briefly introduced by the Labines in the 90s but I believe successfully showed us that Dorian is haunted by her mother's harsh words. Even as Dorian experiences brief happiness, she continues to be tentative when it comes to romantic love.

RELATED ARTICLES:
Related link:
On the Soap Shrink’s Couch: One Life to Live’s Dorian Cramer Lord, Part One
On the Soap Shrink’s Couch: One Life to Live’s Dorian Cramer Lord, Part Two

RELATED VIDEOS:
user posted image
Dorian and Mel: I Remember, Momma - Part 2
user posted image
Dorian and Mel: Never Cry, Part 3
Dorian and Mel: Dorian is Shot!, Part 1
user posted image
Dorian and Mel: A Love Story 2
user posted image
Dorian and Mel: A Love Story
A Woman's Strength (Songs by Shaggy and David Byrne) (Music video)
user posted image
She's Always A Woman to Me - Billy Joel(Music video)
Simple-k.d. lang (Music video)
She's a Bitch-Missy Elliott (Music video)
Bird on a Wire-k.d. lang (Music video)
RSRocks
Posted: May 31 2009, 10:28 AM

Member No.: 2

Back to Dorian's mother. She spouted some truisms for the character. IMO, many of Dorian's actions are defined by her central belief that she does not deserve to be loved. I think that it continues to haunt her as she finds herself in situation of being abandoned by those whom she allows herself to love, mainly with the men in her life but also an estrangement with her biological children, both of whom she gave to others when they were babies. "I never loved anyone of you," Sonya said of her children while in the hell scenes with Dorian. "You learned what I taught you and there was no love in the lesson."

This may not be the right place to bring this discussion, but your comments have me wondering about some things...

Dorian was "abandoned" by BOTH parents...Thinking for years they had both died, but in reality the "abandonment" was her father's death (by her mother's hands) and her mother withdrawing/faking her own death...
But the difference was that Sonya was abusive (though Dorian supressed it) before "leaving" and Louis was loving before he died. So why isn't there more of a pull in Dorian toward a loving man? Why isn't there more of a need to feel the male energy void in her life?

Why do you suppose she is more forgiving of the women in her life? When the men betray her, it's something she usually can't get passed. But the women? Look at some of the stuff with Cassie, yet she forgives and keeps trying to turn herself inside out for her love.
and it's not just about family...Dorian didn't GAFF about PAUL Cramer. She doesn't care much about Jack, either, and that pre-dates Jack's out-of-the-blue-conversion to "My dad is the greatest thing that ever lived " Todd Jr.

It would seem to me, all Dorian's female empowerment and mantra of Cramer Women this and that, is almost more in keeping with someone who had been abused by men, not one that had a loving father.

Thoughts?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Image hosting by PhotobucketPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0654 seconds · Archive
<
Find out re: "CHARITIES" supported by Robin Strasser. For music videos, episodes of Robin as Dorian, tributes, special appearances & video playlists, visit the "DIVA Gallery"
The Latest News
FEATURE of the Month
50 YEARS - A Lifetime Achievement

CLICK on image to find out why CAREER deserves EMMY recognition.

(Glide cursor over the scroll for PAUSE)

WEB ADDRESS for the DIVA board is:

rsdiva.com. Spread the WORD!!!!

OLMV benefits FINE ARTS in New Orleans. GO Here:

IN THE SPOTLIGHT:

"Baby M Movie"

CLICK below:

SUPPORT Robin Strasser. Visit the Diva for LIFE! page. GO HERE:

WATCH the mvid: "Bird on a Wire," in the Video Archives.

CLICK BELOW:

Call Robin's HOTLINE: (212) 414-5300 and follow her on TWITTER.

On 9.27.14 Walk of Fame was updated.
Click on the picture:

DON'T FORGET to SUPPORT Robin with her latest projects.

SITE of the Month
The DIVA's site of the month is:
Robin Strasser on TWITTER

Click on image. Follow Strasser.
Photo above by Steven Bergman.
">CELEBRATING 10 YEARS of DIVA