Red Bloom created by Agnostic Angel of the IF Skin Zone

Since 2006, DIVA has been a message board and online forum for fans of Emmy award-winning actress Robin Strasser. DISCLAIMER: Expressed views, video uploads by the DIVA board administrator represent support for the actress and do not by association or inclusion represent endorsement of projects or shows that feature Ms. Strasser. Posters on this board are free to express whatever they choose as long as Robin Strasser is respected. Lastly, opinions are those of the individual posters and independent of the actress.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Guests are invited to sign the guestbook while vising the board. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Pulse - Melissa Ethridge

Strasser tweets on 1 year anniversary of Pulse night club murders: LIGHT A CANDLE-say a prayer-Whatever
you do, please take the time to remember the good people lost to the devastation and horror of hate!

Strasser: "...I'm 100% certain 99% of my 17.2 (twitter followers) are #BetteDavisFans"

FEATURED VIDEOS:

"ROBIN STRASSER - One Life to Live - Clip#2 1983"
"ROBIN STRASSER - OLTL - Dorian's Temper"

One Life Many Voices Sample Tracks

READ: Turning Leaves v3 + Lady in Red Short Stories
Unsavory Alliances + Make It REAL (Give Me Your Heart)

Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... On Twitter, Strasser announces home purchase; she keeps a home NYC, will be bi-coastal.... Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC...Strasser Sells THOUSAND OAKS, CA Home... Currently residing in New York... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... VISIT the My Big Fat Unasked For Opinion page on the "Official Website of Robin Strasser" .... Robin offers some marvelous inexpensive beauty tips.... Check it OUT!!! ... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... FOLLOW Robin on TWITTER, call ROBIN's HOTLINE: 212-414-5300... Brilliant & Intimate: The Robin Strasser Official Website: "www.robinstrasser.net"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

SPOTLIGHT: Baby M Movie, Strassers in true-story movie(1988)
cher62
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 08:12 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Baby M Movie Playlist
Final Segment(Not included in playlist)

This is the true story of the custody battle between Mary Beth Whitehead and William Stern. Mary Beth Whitehead agreed to be a surrogate mother for Bill and Betsy Stern (Strasser) but changed her mind after the baby was born.
RELATED:
People Magazine
cher62
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 05:59 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Dorian Leaves For Mendora (1987)

Robin Strasser left OLTL in 1987 as her character Dorian Lord accepted the U.S. Ambassadorship of Mendora. She appeared on a number of TV shows, including Coach and Murphy Brown but she was truly missed as Dorian Lord on OLTL. Ms. Strasser did not return to OLTL again until 1993.

Link:Classic Clips--the 80s
Run time=10:55
cher62
Posted: Mar 29 2008, 08:35 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
OLTL: Herb Visits Dorian in Jail
Herb comes to viisit Dorian shortly after she's convicted of murdering Mitch Lawrence.

Link:OLTL: Herb Visits Dorian in Jail
Run time=8:13

Also visit: I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl -- Nina Simone
from OLTLmaestra
cher62
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 02:20 AM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Music Man - Michael Zaslow as David Renaldi

Concert pianist, David Renaldi (Michael Zaslow), returns to Llanview with ALS. Rev. Andrew Carpenter (Wortham Krimmer) is the first to encounter him at Llanview Hospital where he is to be close to his family, particularly Cassie Carpenter (Laura Koffman), his biological daughter with Dorian Lord (Robin Strasser). Dorian pleads with him to see his daughter but David is resistant to being what he considers a burden to his family due to his condition.

Cast Appearances:
Michael Zaslow - David Renaldi
Wortham Krimmer - Rev. Andrew Carpenter
Robin Strasser - Dorian Lord
Laura Koffman - Cassie Carpenter
Tim Gibbs - Kevin Buchanan
Ryan Marsini - River Carpenter
Kassie DePaiva - Blair Cramer
Gina Tognoni - Kelly Cramer
Stephen Markle - Mel Hayes

Link:Music Man, p1 - Michael Zaslow as David Renaldi
Run time=7:58

Link:Music Man, p2 - Michael Zaslow as David Renaldi
Run time=7:53

Link:Music Man, p3 - Michael Zaslow as David Renaldi
Run time=7:09

Also visit: Simple-k.d. lang
from dia1962
cher62
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 04:48 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Canton Episodes

Dorian, Mel, Cassie and Kevin, among others are trapped by a fire raging out of control.

Link:One Life to Live: February 16, 1998, part 1 of 3
Run time=3:44

Link:One Life to Live: February 16, 1998, part 2 of 3
Run time=4:04

Link:One Life to Live: February 16, 1998, part 3 of 3
Run time=2:11
cher62
Posted: Aug 24 2008, 07:31 AM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Dorian and Mel: End of a Romance

Tragically, Mel was supposedly killed suddenly in a plane crash over the Bahamas. There is much speculation that Mel will in fact be back for OLTL's 40th anniversary, in spirit if not in the flesh. If I have the opportunity I will show more highlights from their romance.

Link:Dorian and Mel: End of a Romance, part 1 of 5
Run time=5:15

Link:Dorian and Mel: End of a Romance, part 2 of 5
Run time=8:35

Link:Dorian and Mel: End of a Romance, part 3 of 5
Run time=3:36

Link:Dorian and Mel: End of a Romance, part 4 of 5
Run time=4:58

Link:Dorian and Mel: End of a Romance, part 5 of 5
Run time=5:58

RELATED LINK: Dorian and Mel video clips

cher62
Posted: Oct 26 2008, 07:48 AM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Prison Life

This series of videos is a sequel to "The Murder of Mitch Laurence." I have just begun to catalog some of the key episodes so feel free to follow along at this point or backtrack to catch up with the scenes of Mitch's murder and Dorian being tried and convicted. This link has the scenes in sequential order:
Prison Life
cher62
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 10:43 AM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Let Me Blow Ya Mind--Eve feat. Gwen Stefani

This is the first time that I've highlighted a music video in the SPOTLIGHT feature, but I wanted to do so with this one because it a very popular one on youtube.com, approaching 10,000 views in a matter of four months! Also, I had so much damn fun with it! I don't think that I was alone as fans still talk about the "Long Live the Queen!" episode.
LINK: Let Me Blow Ya Mind - Eve featuring Gwen Stefani
cher62
Posted: Jan 26 2009, 08:57 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Gaslight

This was around circa 2003 and right after Strasser returned to the coveted role of Dorian Cramer Lord. She had returned and mysteriously married Mitch Laurence. It was a mystery because as you recall, Dorian went to prison for murdering Mitch after he tried to rape Cassie. Anyway the audience at this point has discovered Mitch is still alive. Here, Dorian, Blair and Lindsay gaslight him. The link below gives you the url address for the five parts to this video series.
LINK: Gaslight, Parts 1-5

tms117
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 05:32 PM

Group: Behind the Scenes
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (cher62 @ Feb 14 2008, 05:59 PM)
  In the Spotlight
user posted image

Dorian Leaves For Mendora (1987)

Robin Strasser left OLTL in 1987 as her character Dorian Lord accepted the U.S. Ambassadorship of Mendora. She appeared on a number of TV shows, including Coach and Murphy Brown but she was truly missed as Dorian Lord on OLTL. Ms. Strasser did not return to OLTL again until 1993.

Link:Classic Clips--the 80s
Run time=10:55

Fun fact. I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but when Dorian was written back on the show, Robin would of come back in 89. She was thisclose but because of her freelancing schedule, the 4th Dorian recast got it. I just have to wonder if Robin returned in 89 what OLTL would be like for me. (This tidbit about Robin is a report from SOU on a profile of Robin that I have the original)

But people don't agree with me and this has been my arguing point for man many years. Robin Strasser's return to Dorian in 93 was a OLTL landmark with ratings, they went sky high!!!! Same thing in 2003. Robin equals ratings on OLTL. Just plain fact!!!!!!!!!!!!
cher62
Posted: Apr 5 2009, 12:37 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
Dorian Marries Mitch

Robin Strasser returned to One Life to Live in 2003 and quickly became part of a storyline that involved villain Mitch Laurence, played by Roscoe Born. When viewers last saw Dorian, she'd left town to travel the world with Drake Faraday. She returns to Llanview broke and soon marries Mitch to lay claim to Llanfair and the Lord fortune. With a Malone rewrite, Victor Lord had been kept alive for years by Mitch. Soon, Victor dies. A new will leaves everything to Mitch.
LINKS: Dorian Cramer Lord Marries Mitch Laurence, Part 1
Dorian Cramer Lord Marries Mitch Laurence, Part 2
cher62
Posted: May 9 2009, 06:05 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
"Daddy's Little Girl"

LINK: Daddy's Little Girl
Divafan is the author of this 77-chapter fan fiction that involves Senator Herb Callison, Cassie Carpenter, Mel Hayes and of course, Dorian Cramer Lord. It is highlighted here as the first fan fiction featured in the "SPOTLIGHT" because really, it's a personal favorite. If you enjoy the characters I mentioned the fiction revolving around, and well even if they aren't particular favorites, you'll enjoy this story as it yields a complexity of character and numerous subplots that keep you guessing about the outcome. Essentially, Mel is discovered to be alive and reunited with Dorian. They are working on reconnecting when Dorian's ex-hubby Herb comes to town to find his daughter from an affair he had with Karen Wolek during a drunken one-night stand following an argument with Dorian over David Renaldi. What happens from here is worth reading. A sequel will likely be written, as well. Enjoy!
cher62
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 08:58 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
"CRAZE" column by Jeremy

LINK: CRAZE at Soaptown USA
Jeremy in Chicago does a weekly column for the Soaptown USA website. While I don't always agree with Jeremy's take on Llanview, I find myself with very similar views when it comes to Robin Strasser and Dorian Lord. Lately, Jeremy has taken care to mention the quintessential Llanview villainess in his columns because he, like most Strasser fans, is in a quandary as to what TPTB have in mind for our dynamic DIVA as her contract comes to it's end in October. This is a column to follow closely if you are a OLTL fan, particularly if you love Dorian as played by Strasser. Jeremy has Strasser's best interest and those of her fans at heart. Come to think of it, the heart hearts1.gif of oltl.gif , too.
cher62
Posted: Aug 26 2009, 06:09 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
"OLTL Fan Club"

LINK: OLTL Fan Club Website
Among the events highlighted at the OLTL Fan Club Website is the OLTL Fan Club Party, which will be on August 15, 2009 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in NYC. This year the party will be aboard the World Yacht's Princess. Half of the proceeds from the raffle and auction items will go to St. Jude's Children's Research. Robin is scheduled to attend for a Bon Voyage!
For more information, go HERE. Also, Robin is featured in the News section of the newsletter.
cher62
Posted: Oct 11 2009, 04:58 PM

Administrator

In the Spotlight
user posted image

user posted image
LINK: "Grey Gardens"

Dorian and Blair continue to drink cosmopolitans and bemoan their lost love lives. Blair fantasizes a life where they are broke and alone at a dilapidated LaBoulaie in a scenes from the cult film "Grey Gardens," where two eccentric women old women who have let the outside world pass them by.

For those who may not understand the reference, "Grey Gardens" was a 1975 Albert Maysles documentary starring Edith Ewing Bouvier Beale (aunt of former First Lady Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis), and her daughter of the same name. The feature film depicted the everyday lives of the reclusive socialite mother/daughter duo as they lived in dilapidated Grey Gardens mansion in an affluent neighborhood in East Hampton, New York. Part 1 of 2.
Go HERE for Part 2.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Image hosting by PhotobucketPages: (2) [1] 2  Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0454 seconds · Archive
<
Find out re: "CHARITIES" supported by Robin Strasser. For music videos, episodes of Robin as Dorian, tributes, special appearances & video playlists, visit the "DIVA Gallery"
The Latest News
FEATURE of the Month
50 YEARS - A Lifetime Achievement

CLICK on image to find out why CAREER deserves EMMY recognition.

(Glide cursor over the scroll for PAUSE)

WEB ADDRESS for the DIVA board is:

rsdiva.com. Spread the WORD!!!!

OLMV benefits FINE ARTS in New Orleans. GO Here:

IN THE SPOTLIGHT:

"Baby M Movie"

CLICK below:

SUPPORT Robin Strasser. Visit the Diva for LIFE! page. GO HERE:

WATCH the mvid: "Bird on a Wire," in the Video Archives.

CLICK BELOW:

Call Robin's HOTLINE: (212) 414-5300 and follow her on TWITTER.

On 9.27.14 Walk of Fame was updated.
Click on the picture:

DON'T FORGET to SUPPORT Robin with her latest projects.

SITE of the Month
The DIVA's site of the month is:
Robin Strasser on TWITTER

Click on image. Follow Strasser.
Photo above by Steven Bergman.
">CELEBRATING 10 YEARS of DIVA