Red Bloom created by Agnostic Angel of the IF Skin Zone

Since 2006, DIVA has been a message board and online forum for fans of Emmy award-winning actress Robin Strasser. DISCLAIMER: Expressed views, video uploads by the DIVA board administrator represent support for the actress and do not by association or inclusion represent endorsement of projects or shows that feature Ms. Strasser. Posters on this board are free to express whatever they choose as long as Robin Strasser is respected. Lastly, opinions are those of the individual posters and independent of the actress.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Guests are invited to sign the guestbook while vising the board. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Pulse - Melissa Ethridge

Strasser tweets on 1 year anniversary of Pulse night club murders: LIGHT A CANDLE-say a prayer-Whatever
you do, please take the time to remember the good people lost to the devastation and horror of hate!

Strasser: "...I'm 100% certain 99% of my 17.2 (twitter followers) are #BetteDavisFans"

FEATURED VIDEOS:

"ROBIN STRASSER - One Life to Live - Clip#2 1983"
"ROBIN STRASSER - OLTL - Dorian's Temper"

One Life Many Voices Sample Tracks

READ: Turning Leaves v3 + Lady in Red Short Stories
Unsavory Alliances + Make It REAL (Give Me Your Heart)

Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... On Twitter, Strasser announces home purchase; she keeps a home NYC, will be bi-coastal.... Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC...Strasser Sells THOUSAND OAKS, CA Home... Currently residing in New York... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... VISIT the My Big Fat Unasked For Opinion page on the "Official Website of Robin Strasser" .... Robin offers some marvelous inexpensive beauty tips.... Check it OUT!!! ... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... FOLLOW Robin on TWITTER, call ROBIN's HOTLINE: 212-414-5300... Brilliant & Intimate: The Robin Strasser Official Website: "www.robinstrasser.net"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Should Strasser Get a Lifetime Achievment Emmy?
cher62
Posted: Jul 17 2015, 03:46 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Should Robin Strasser's Decades on Daytime Dramas Be Recognized?

user posted image user posted image user posted image

When it comes to Daytime Drama performers, the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences(NATAS) has honored about ten actors with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award. With some 50 years contribution to the field of the continuing dramas on Daytime television, I'd like to see the Academy recognize Robin Strasser. In lasting legacy, she has left an indelible imprint on two iconic roles (Rachel Davis, Another World and Dorian Lord, One Life to Live). Honestly, I don't know how these things work--how one would go about getting a consideration. What I do know is that a review of Strasser's illustrious career in Daytime reflects on her being deserving of such distinction.

Though Strasser's Internet Movie Database(IMdb) lists The Secret Storm's Iris Ocasek (1964-1966) as her first daytime role, to my knowledge, Strasser has never acknowledged this role or spoke to the accuracy of this account. Instead, she has acknowledged Rachel Davis as her first foray into the world of Daytime television. According to Strasser's bio at Soap Opera Digest she performed in the iconic role on Another World from 1967-71 and then again, in 1972.

In 2010, soap opera journalist Connie Passalacqua Hayman (Marlena De Lacroix) was a member of a We Love Soaps committee that selected Strasser amongst the top five soap opera actresses of all time (See 50 Greatest Soap Opera Actresses) Passalacqua comments:
Strasser, (the original Rachel on ANOTHER WORLD and the definitive Dorian on ONE LIFE TO LIVE) is a contradictory and unique mix of villain and vulnerability that has made her the most watchable actress on soaps for the last 40 years. She has been totally alive, and fascinating in every single scene!

Columnist Michael Logan selected Strasser as TV Guide's "Best Actress" of 2009. He summarized, "the timeless Strasser—who joined OLTL 30 years ago—magically made us laugh and care and, yes, even forgive. No one in soaps performs with such pride and passion."
user posted image

Strasser's notable SOAP OPERA ROLES are as follows:
Dorian Lord, ONE LIFE TO LIVE (1979-1987, 1993-2000, 2003-2011, 2013); PASSIONS (Hecuba, 2000-01; 2002), Dianne Kirkwood, KNOTS LANDING (1990); Christina Karras Martin (1976-1979); Rachel Davis, SOMERSET (1970); Rachel Davis, ANOTHER WORLD (1967-1971, 1972).

AWARDS:
2012 We Love Soaps: 30 Dynamic Duos of Daytime Soaps (Placed #2)
2010 We Love Soaps: 50 Greatest Soap Opera Actresses of All Time(Placed #5)
2009 TV Guide's Best Actress on a Daytime Drama
2005 Soap Opera Digest Award nomination for Favorite Couple
2001 Soap Opera Digest Award win Outstanding Female Scene Stealer
1996 Soap Opera Digest Award win for Outstanding Lead Actress
1995 Soap Opera Digest Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress
1994 Soap Opera Digest Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress
1988 Soap Opera Digest Award nomination for Outstanding Actress in a Leading Role: Daytime
1986 Soap Opera Digest Award nomination for Outstanding Actress in a Supporting Role on a Daytime Serial
1986 Soap Opera Digest Award nomination for Outstanding Contribution by an Actor/Actress to the Form of Continuing Drama who is currently on a Daytime Serial
1985 Daytime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
1983 Daytime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series
1982 Daytime Emmy nomination win Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series
1981 Daytime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series

I can't even recall the last time I've seen an actor from Daytime dramas honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award. (See Source) Perhaps it has been decade or more.
Lifetime Achievement Award was awarded to 10 veteran soap opera performers in recognition of their many years of service to the genre:

1.Rachel Ames (Audrey Hardy, General Hospital, 1964–2007, 2009, 2013)
2.John Clarke (Mickey Horton, Days of our Lives, 1965–2004)
3.Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor, The Young and the Restless, 1973–2013)
4.Eileen Fulton (Lisa Grimaldi, As the World Turns, 1960–1964, 1966–1983, 1984–2010)
5.Don Hastings (Bob Hughes, As the World Turns, 1960–2010)
6.Anna Lee* (Lila Quartermaine, General Hospital, 1978–2003)
7.Ray MacDonnell (Joe Martin, All My Children, 1970–2010, 2011, 2013)
8.Frances Reid (Alice Horton, Days of our Lives, 1965-2007)
9.Helen Wagner (Nancy Hughes, As the World Turns, 1956-2010)
10.Ruth Warrick (Phoebe Tyler Wallingford, All My Children, 1970-2005)

* - Anna Lee died a week before the awards ceremony and was honored with a brief moment during the telecast. Her award was accepted on her behalf by her son, actor Jeffrey Byron.

Damon L. Jacobs, who also participated on the We Love Soaps panel for greatest soap opera actresses of all time, remarked of Strasser:
It is much a testament to Strasser's hard work and commitment that her indelible fingerprints remain on ONE LIFE TO LIVE, and in our own lives. She has generously and abundantly dug from her own psyche in order to bring forth life her vivid, complicated, and resilient portrayal of Dorian. In my mind, there is no greater feat of a true artist than to use her talent to transform, inspire, and change the world around her. Robin Strasser has been doing this on daytime television for over 40 years now. And believe me, she isn't anywhere close to being done!

Strasser has been active in many humanitarian and acting related causes. She served on the NATAS board in New York and was President of L.A.’s Women in Theatre for two years. Strasser produced three Equity Waiver Productions, sold her first teleplay, and formed a video production company to produce videos in the areas of women’s health and fitness. Her first, on menopause, was released in 1999. Strasser also produced a CD called "One Life Many Voices," in 2005 that featured OLTL castmates with profits going toward Hurricane Katrina disaster relief efforts. Strasser is active in the LGBT community and participated in many fundraising events, such as those for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. In March 2007, she was made Dame of the Imperial Court of New York. In 2008 she attended the organization's Annual Charity Coronation Ball "Night of A Thousand Gowns," and was Honorary Chair of the event in 2009 and 2010.

All things said, I am simply a fan with a view that such humanitarian and professional distinction should be recognized, having spanned nearly half a century. Truth be told, I watched the Daytime Emmy broadcast earlier this year and observed that the daytime soaps, though fewer in number, were featured more prominently. It would be timely to honor a Daytime performer for a career in soaps that fostered two distinctive, iconic characters. For that honor--envelop, please-- I present Robin Strasser.
cher62
Posted: Jul 17 2015, 11:20 AM

Administrator

I made this video after it was announced Strasser would be leaving OLTL and vacating her role as Dorian Lord. It is in no way intended as a permanent goodbye to a career in Daytime--nor is the above suggestion of a Lifetime Achievement recognition. Instead, this video is a way of giving a retrospective of her time as Dorian Lord on the occasion of her leaving the show. Robin Strasser as Dorian is a DIVA to remember.

--------------------
"I've worked with many a fine actress in the course of my journey, but none more remarkable than Ms. Strasser. Brilliant and utterly brave, with the work ethic of a warrior. I would love to come back and work with her again." - A Martinez, OLTL Examiner, 12/09
tms117
Posted: Jul 29 2015, 05:07 PM

Group: Behind the Scenes
Member No.: 16

hey hey what do you say? J/k

Im back for a moment, in the fall I will be officially done with fellowship/ residency and be a doctor on my own.

I have been visiting this page when I have time.

Anyway, I suggested this years ago while she was still on OLTL but I got shot down.

Still a good idea!

--------------------
"Let Love Live Forever"
"There's imaginations that I bet you never been there before, have you ever wanted to dream about those things you never known?"
cher62
Posted: Jul 29 2015, 06:17 PM

Administrator

Congrats on nearing completion of your residency! That's very good news. Your mom would be proud. As for Strasser, what can I say? You were right. She is deserving.

--------------------
"I've worked with many a fine actress in the course of my journey, but none more remarkable than Ms. Strasser. Brilliant and utterly brave, with the work ethic of a warrior. I would love to come back and work with her again." - A Martinez, OLTL Examiner, 12/09
cher62
Posted: Sep 20 2015, 12:12 PM

Administrator

user posted image
RELATED: 50 YEARS - REEL Highlights
The DIVA Board Salutes Robin Strasser's Achievement in Daytime Television. On 9/20/2015, "50 YEARS - REEL Highlights" was created in the "Picture Perfect" forum to celebrate this Emmy-winning Diva's moments on film.
cher62
Posted: Sep 28 2015, 08:39 PM

Administrator

RELATED: Criteria for Lifetime Achievement Emmy (2004)
Criteria for the Award included the actor's position as an original cast member of his or her current show; 35 or more years on the show; and/or significant lifetime experience in Daytime Drama.
"We at the Academy felt that the time was appropriate to honor a number of venerable actors who have contributed so much to Daytime Drama," said Peter Price, President of the National Television Academy, "In so doing, we recognize not only each of the esteemed actors, but also the daytime serial drama genre which has allowed them to have such a full and long-lived career."
tms117
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 05:31 PM

Group: Behind the Scenes
Member No.: 16

Hi!

Since I suggested a reel or highlights that Robin deserved Emmys for, here are my pics and why.

The Canton Storyline
1997-98

Dorian and her dark past, and also Dorian and Mel to hell and back. Can anyone tell that this was golden year for Robin Strasser. She and the whole Cramer clan.

02 OLTL Viki's Heart Part 16
Viki's heart 2003
Dorian, Dr. Dorian Lord, I should say, shows us her and Viki are the glue that holds OLTL together. Dorian was there by Viki's side for her friend/enemy

Dorian Lord: Long Live the Queen, Part 1
Dorian Lord: Long Live the Queen, Part 2
The B.E. takeover

WOW no one saw this coming and also, from what I can tell Robin had to remember the most dialogue of all the actors.

Courtroom Meltdown
Dorian Lord: Court room Drama
OMG Dorian shows she is a lion and wont take bull from ANYONE!

OLTL: Dorian and Mitch, - 12/04/09
Dorian and Mitch In Jail Together
Again, Robin shows a range of emotions and her protective of ALL her girls

Brody, John, & Dorian 1-15-10.wmv
Early 2010
Dorian, Brody, John
I forgot what year or I wanna say late January 2010, even though Dorian is kidnapped, You could feel Dorian's pain in her gut and soul that Mitch is out there terrorizing Llanview.

Dorian Lord: First, Do No Harm
OMG WOW WOW WOW. Dr. Dorian Lord, the doctor and high stakes bitch takes on Clint, dressed to kill. To avenge her husband, and being a friend for Viki, and Dorian making Clint beg her to save him. You don't mess with Dorian's husband (David) or anyone she holds dear. Not even Viki.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0436 seconds · Archive
<
Find out re: "CHARITIES" supported by Robin Strasser. For music videos, episodes of Robin as Dorian, tributes, special appearances & video playlists, visit the "DIVA Gallery"
The Latest News
FEATURE of the Month
50 YEARS - A Lifetime Achievement

CLICK on image to find out why CAREER deserves EMMY recognition.

(Glide cursor over the scroll for PAUSE)

WEB ADDRESS for the DIVA board is:

rsdiva.com. Spread the WORD!!!!

OLMV benefits FINE ARTS in New Orleans. GO Here:

IN THE SPOTLIGHT:

"Baby M Movie"

CLICK below:

SUPPORT Robin Strasser. Visit the Diva for LIFE! page. GO HERE:

WATCH the mvid: "Bird on a Wire," in the Video Archives.

CLICK BELOW:

Call Robin's HOTLINE: (212) 414-5300 and follow her on TWITTER.

On 9.27.14 Walk of Fame was updated.
Click on the picture:

DON'T FORGET to SUPPORT Robin with her latest projects.

SITE of the Month
The DIVA's site of the month is:
Robin Strasser on TWITTER

Click on image. Follow Strasser.
Photo above by Steven Bergman.
">CELEBRATING 10 YEARS of DIVA