Red Bloom created by Agnostic Angel of the IF Skin Zone

Since 2006, DIVA has been a message board and online forum for fans of Emmy award-winning actress Robin Strasser. DISCLAIMER: Expressed views, video uploads by the DIVA board administrator represent support for the actress and do not by association or inclusion represent endorsement of projects or shows that feature Ms. Strasser. Posters on this board are free to express whatever they choose as long as Robin Strasser is respected. Lastly, opinions are those of the individual posters and independent of the actress.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Guests are invited to sign the guestbook while vising the board. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Pulse - Melissa Ethridge

Strasser tweets on 1 year anniversary of Pulse night club murders: LIGHT A CANDLE-say a prayer-Whatever
you do, please take the time to remember the good people lost to the devastation and horror of hate!

Strasser: "...I'm 100% certain 99% of my 17.2 (twitter followers) are #BetteDavisFans"

FEATURED VIDEOS:

"ROBIN STRASSER - One Life to Live - Clip#2 1983"
"ROBIN STRASSER - OLTL - Dorian's Temper"

One Life Many Voices Sample Tracks

READ: Turning Leaves v3 + Lady in Red Short Stories
Unsavory Alliances + Make It REAL (Give Me Your Heart)

Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... On Twitter, Strasser announces home purchase; she keeps a home NYC, will be bi-coastal.... Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC...Strasser Sells THOUSAND OAKS, CA Home... Currently residing in New York... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... VISIT the My Big Fat Unasked For Opinion page on the "Official Website of Robin Strasser" .... Robin offers some marvelous inexpensive beauty tips.... Check it OUT!!! ... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... FOLLOW Robin on TWITTER, call ROBIN's HOTLINE: 212-414-5300... Brilliant & Intimate: The Robin Strasser Official Website: "www.robinstrasser.net"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Fan Talk: A Dance with a Star, An Interview with Rileyanne
cher62
Posted: May 29 2011, 10:44 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

A Dance with a Star

An Interview with Rileyanne

user posted image

"I see Dorian as barely suppressed rage. She is fire and ice. She is a knockout. She is like Evita, but thinks she is Jackie O. She is like Anne Boleyn who can cause a man to dismantle a church, but next want her to lose her head." - Rileyanne, 11.24.09

Madonna Evita Don't Cry for Me Argentina
by stambeccuccio
Run time=10:29

If you've been on this board, you've seen varied comparisons to Dorian Lord and First Lady of Argentina Eva Peron, who had a musical written about her life titled, "Evita." Here's one of those comparisons:
There is a line in the song "High Flying, Adored" that says something like she was a cross between a fantasy of the bedroom and a saint. Both Eva and Dorian have tremendous sexuality, use it and yet can be viewed by those who are not in their innercircle --saintly --even though we know they can take a hatchet to those who oppose them. Both women are beautiful and use clothes, makeup, jewels to mask any insecurity and to show the world how fabulous they really are -- 'just look at how I am dressed!'-Rileyanne, 2009

And so it goes.
If music be spellbinding, there will be a resounding silence when Robin Victory in Europe Strasser last airs in the legendary role of Dorian Cramer Lord on ABC's One Life to Live. You see, Strasser has partnered with her fans on the journey across the dance floor and guided them in story toward sheer and memorable entertainment to music that was harmonic and also full of discord: slow, sure, sensual, fast, fun and frenetic. We followed her because of trust in a relationship that was nurtured over time, not just through performance but by listening to Strasser on her Hotline calls to her "fan friends." When the Diva takes that final bow, so will many of her fans. One of them will be a poster known to us on the board as Rileyanne.

I first saw her moniker on the Soap Central OLTL message board a couple of years ago. She immediately caught my attention because she seemed to "get" Dorian and was clearly a fan of Strasser's work. Such message boards always have their personalities due to posters and I had not known this site to be particularly Dorian-friendly so I rarely visited it. When I saw posts by fans such as Rocquie and Rileyanne, I knew that I was amongst kindred spirits who advocated for the character and for Strasser. Soon, I invited them to join the DIVA site.

Rileyanne is funny, passionate, honest and very direct. She flat out makes me laugh. One of her endearing qualities is her insatiable curiosity and her ability to scope out a Dorian-related spoiler a month in advance. She will probably be surprised to read this but [spoiler] I made an editorial decision to discontinue the board as spoiler-free because I wanted to openly speculate with her about what lie ahead for our favorite character. She is simply infectious with her guesses and one can't help but join in fun of wild predictions.[/spoiler]

Shortly after news broke of Strasser's last tape date being on July 1, 2011, I asked Rileyanne if she'd do one of these "Fan Talk" interviews with me. For awhile now, Rileyanne has posted magazine spoilers for the DIVA board and she has been the moderator of the "Off-TOPIC THREAD: The Beauty of a Great Story,"(escape and entertainment ). At the beginning of the interview, I thought I'd start with an easy lob. I asked her about her favorite performing artists. Wrong move. I think I overwhelmed her with the prospect of having to choose from her extensive, eclectic repertoire of favorite talents.

"With music, I love Celtic artists like Cathie Ryan, Eddi Reader, Karen Matheson, Mary Black, Kate Rusby, Capercaillie, Loreena McKennitt. Other singers I love are Heather Nova, Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos. I love Latin music, French, Salsa, Broadway, etc. Music is a feast and I over-indulge."

Eddi Reader - Ae Fond Kiss
by rosstyuk
Run time=7:17

Ae Fond Kiss- reminds me of Mel (Hayes). Ae Fond Kiss --this song moves me. It was written by Scottish poet Robert Burns. He wrote it for a love of his named Nancy (he had many loves) and it is about her death.--Rileyanne

Besides Strasser, Rileyanne also enjoys actors such as Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Colin Firth and many others. "There are so many others who have performed in plays or musicals and their names are unfortunately forgotten." With the aforementioned, Strasser is in good company if you ask me.

I must say how beautiful Mirren looks. No plastic surgery and has that sexual energy most women can only dream of capturing. She plays a woman who has fun with guns, rekindles an old flame, has a ball killing, and wears cool clothes.... RS has so much of what I watched with Mirren in her movies--she needs someone to write it for her.--Rileyanne, 2010

Rileyanne started watching OLTL around 1980. I asked her why she kept watching the show and Robin. "There are so many words that could describe why I was compelled to keep watching, but none really work. She, like so many other performers I have enjoyed, just have that certain something. She is just fun to watch whether torturing some poor sap, falling in love, seducing an impressionable young man, delivering a witty line, the way she wears a hat, or whatever. It is enjoyable, entertaining."
user posted image

Besides OLTL, Rileyanne has also enjoyed Robin's work in the 90s on Coach ("Thought she was hilarious") with Craig T. Nelson and on Murphy Brown with Candace Bergen. "And thanks to Beth (rsfan83) I had the chance to watch some of her non-OLTL performances again recently."

user posted image
Strasser with Craig T. Nelson

But it was Strasser as Dorian who was Rileyanne's first love. "It was on OLTL that I saw her first when I was in grade school. She was so delightfully bitchy and beautiful, wearer of cool hats and a cool veneer. She made me laugh. I have always loved the bad girl. The one everyone else on the show hated! "'
What are Rileyanne's favorite books, movies, TV shows? Is there a role, she would like to see for Strasser?
"I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. To me every other show will be judged by the standard of Buffy. It was just a fabulous series and no other show has so enthralled me. Now I never miss Game of Thrones--anything else, I catch once in awhile. "

If you subscribe to HBO, this is a MUST see. Gorgeous sets, locations, fun characters, meaty characters, hot characters, great story, evil princes, incestuous twins, etc.--Rileyanne, 2011.

She adds that she also loved the "Harry Potter," series. "The books and the movies (except the fourth movie--badly done). I read a great many mysteries, but really anything that is interesting or strikes my fancy. I love Jane Austen and all the movies made of her books. Love Jane Eyre --especially the last two movie adaptions. Too many movies I love to list. I love most musicals, see very few plays, but love Shakespeare. I would love to see RS in a Devil Wears Prada type role or as a Lady Macbeth type" character.

Good Knight, MacGyver

user posted image
Trailer Good Knight MacGyver
by MacPhoenix82
Good Knight MacGyver, Part 2
CBS

The magician Merlin accompanies MacGyver on his quest to rescue the princess, but first they need to stop the evil queen from causing destruction with an early form of gunpowder.
cher62
Posted: May 29 2011, 10:50 PM

Administrator

user posted image

As Merlin's wizardry and fate would have it, Strasser will soon be available to be cast in a role other than the iconic Dorian Cramer Lord. On April 14, 2011, ABC/Disney announced the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live. Rileyanne admits to being saddened but not totally surprised. "I am sad for the crew and the actors. Losing a job when it is so very hard to find another particularly in that field is heartbreaking. Just making a house payment, health care is daunting for those who are now without income. My prayers and thoughts are with them." She continues, "At the risk of offending die-hards, as a fan, I cannot say I am surprised or devastated in any real way. This show stopped writing for a female audience years ago. It is a misogynistic, ageist mess. It does not write stories that feature my favorite character and when it does it is insulting and humiliating material. "
While the cancellation of OLTL meant no more Dorian, news soon came that Robin would be exiting the part prior to the show's end.
Robin tweeted user posted image:
I'll have to leave OLTL sooner than the cancellation date, for compelling health reasons. Unable 2 meet high standards I owe our great show. BUMMER! Darn right. WISDOM indicates a GRACE-full exit, before I fall on my bum. 'Always leave 'em laughin'. With Tuc and luck, hope I will!" - 18 May

"RS leaving is a really detrimental and sad thing to happen to the show," Rileyanne observes. "I do not believe those in charge --writing or producing--realize what a gem they have in Robin Strasser. I do not believe they understand her importance in every story, every relationship that has been the foundation of this show. It is RS and her chemistry with her fellow actors that made the relationships leap off the screen, that made them matter. Without her, Viki is less, Blair is less, Buchanans are less. She is more. "
Both Dorian and Eva had to climb to the top and had people always scratching at their heels. No matter what Eva did, she was never accepted by the rich and famous in Argentina. Because they did not accept her, she punished them. Eva and her husband were brutal to those who opposed them. She held grudges. There was a story of an actress that dissed her; when Peron came to power, this actress had to flee the country. She used her position to right wrongs done to her and her poor. --Rileyanne, 2009

Strasser recently added to the chagrin of her fans by announcing the last date she planned to tape.
Robin tweeted user posted image:
HONORABLE DISCHARGE JUST SIGNED AND FAXED. Mutually agreed to, I will tape my last show July 1. I look forward to my life AFTER One Life.
Honorable Discharge states: After July1,'11, I may accept employment effective immediately. Don't even have an agent: just my 7,336 friends! --27 May

"With her last tape date announcement, it makes her leaving all the more real," Rileyanne notes. "I had hoped they would find a way to work with her health issues and make it their mission to see that this iconic actress and the character she made famous be a vital part of any finale. The failure to understand how amazing and important RS is to so many stories and characters is another one of the many blunders committed along the road to cancellation."

She adds, "I pray the wonderful actress who has entertained us as Dorian for years is at peace with this early exit and that she finds her bliss."

Strasser got a Twitter account soon after the cancellation of OLTL was announced and her more than decade old Hotline was flooded with calls causing the system and service to crash. She has been Twitter-filled and Hotline-free ever since. So I had to ask Rileyanne which did she prefer in this day of modern technology--tweet or phone call? "I prefer the Hotline as it gives a VOICE to her ideas and thoughts." She adds, "What I like about any 'conversation' is hearing how a phrase is spoken, the inflections, etc., --it tells you more than reading a comment. Like her portrayal of Dorian, she is fun, provocative, entertaining and has something to say worth hearing. I think her audacity and moxie is inspiring and fascinating. Her ability to just be herself is inspiring."

user posted image
Robin reveals TOP SECRET user posted image:

With OLTL facing a nonexistence, Robin decided to reveal some top secrets to fans, notably her recipe for Dorian. Strasser comments on Twitter that Dorian actually "admires/wants to BE Viki," and since she is denied that, she is damaged and turns on her nemesis with a fury. Interesting. Here's Rileyanne's take: "I find that realistic but would want her to realize she can do better than be a Viki-clone and that those feelings are not reciprocated in any way, shape, or form. I do believe that at the core of Dorian's character she wants the type of love and respect that has been afforded to Viki."

user posted image

I agree. As to other secrets about the Cramer household, Strasser suggests that the Cramers really aren't related at all and that Sonya Cramer is not Dorian's mother. "They established Dorian looked exactly like Sonya and Cassie looked just like Dorian," Rileyanne remarks. "To me, the idea that the mother was not really their mother is simply a defense mechanism to escape a link to a woman who severely abused her."

So as the days narrow to a close, how will Dorian exit the show is the next big question. No one knows for sure but Gina Tognoni is expected to leave around the same time as Strasser. Is it possible they will leave together?

"How should the amazing Robin Strasser take her iconic character from the show? First, and most importantly, I want her to get her happy ending and, really, I do not care how they accomplish this happy ending. Do it! When you are ending a series, I believe it is vital, that the important characters like Dorian, get that triumphant goodbye."

ROBIN STRASSER - 2000 Last Day on OLTL
by JONROSE
Run time=1:42
In 1987, Strasser left for an ambassadorship in Mendorra.
In 2000, she went traveling with a recently introduced
character name Drake Faraday (Leigh McCloskey),
who claimed to be a friend of her late husband Mel Hayes.

"We are losing two fantastic Cramer women," Rileyanne sighs. "If it is together, it must make sense from each character's point of view and their history. I do not want Dorian just tagging along and I do not want them leaving because lesser men have hurt them or humiliated them. They are strong women who demand a great goodbye."

user posted image
cher62
Posted: May 29 2011, 10:52 PM

Administrator

Looking back on the many scenes with Dorian, I asked Rileyanne about Dorian's trademark fashion sense. Was there a favorite outfit? How about favorite storylines?
"I think as far as clothes and fashion, RS looks amazing always, but the 90s were the best," she replies. "I loved when Mel fell on top of her and the beginning of their story--the actors were fabulous. I love, love the scene where Dorian seduces Joey. "Awesome and the hottest scenes."

"I loved the Canton story, not the ending, but loved the care and finally having a story about Dorian. I enjoyed the secret room stuff, as well. There is quite a bit I loved--which probably explains my detachment from cancellation. Most of it was last century. lol."
user posted image

What's been popular this century is the TV show, "Dancing with the Stars." Dorian fans who have listened to Strasser's Hotline or read her tweets on Twitter, are aware it's one of her favorite shows. With that in mind, I asked Rileyanne to pick a dance, any dance, and to select Dorian's dance partner.

Dorian would dance the Argentine Tango with Ray Montez. That dance always has a --not so much what you see on tv but in real competitions with real tango artists--it seems as if they are making love through dance--and I think RS and A Martinez managed to do that --tango--through their scenes from the moment they appeared together.

Dorian & Ray - Cariņo
By RSfan83
Run Time=3:02

She would dance a Rumba with NF Joey, just cause!

As all good things must end, I've come to the end of my interview with Rileyanne. And as always, I ask featured interviewees to respond to fictional characters or to individuals who are associated with Strasser. If these characters and people were in a room, just what would Rileyanne say to them:

user posted image

To David Vickers: Dorian Lord is the best thing that ever happened to you and you blew it.

To Tuc Watkins: I wish you success in a comedy series, but wish you had cut the rope from OLTL years ago.

To Clint Buchanan: You can have a man beat up and sent to Morocco while many guests were arriving to his wedding and go undetected, yet you are unable to out a couple of grifters or rangle your mentally deranged kid into a mental hospital --your power is over-stated. Enjoy your anti-rejection meds, down them with some milk, and enjoy carrying Viki's purse.

To Kelly Cramer: You might want to try a new family of men.

To Gina Tognoni: You are a beautiful actress, good luck in the future.

To Frank Valentini: Dorian and RS is one of the best things about this show and you are letting her slip away--honor her and her character in the end! Sometimes being under-budget/cheap is just that!

To Michael Malone: Thank you for the wonderful Joe and Dorian story--I loved it.

To Claire Labine: You were the only writer interested in what made Dorian "Dorian" and that was awesome.

To Ron Carlivati: Do you know who Dorian Lord is? She is a fierce bitch, not a damn clown to be rejected and humiliated!

To Brian Frons: --not a thing, he is not worth my time.

To Laura Koffman: I love your hair.

To Stephen Markle: You and RS have awesome chemistry, thank you for bringing a light to my favorite character.

To Mel Hayes: Dorian is a goddess. You do not put a certain someone above her in any way--to do so shows you are a fool.

To Kassie DePaiva: I want your beauty secrets.

To Anthony Call: You have been missed.

To Herb Callison: Dorian has been lost without you.

To Erika Slezak: All the best.

To Vik Banks: So who am I speaking with?

To Echo DiSavoy: Go away.

To A Martinez: Come back.

To Ray Montez: Come back for Dorian, now!

To Robin Strasser: Thank you.

To Dorian Lord: Carpe diem.
------------------------------------------------------

Rileyanne dedicates these songs to Robin Strasser:

cher62
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 07:33 PM

Administrator

Rileyanne is such a fun poster and the ideal moderator for the off-topic forum in that her interests are diverse. I have appreciated her contributions to the board and thoughtful, often fun and hilarious responses to the spoilers. Sometimes there is anger in her words. We share a passionate loyalty when it comes to Dorian and care about how she is written. Also, we both have a vast appreciation of Robin Strasser, like everyone on this board, and her immense talent. We are all going to miss this Dorian Lord as played by Strasser.
With OLTL facing a nonexistence, Robin decided to reveal some top secrets to fans, notably her recipe for Dorian. Strasser comments on Twitter that Dorian actually "admires/wants to BE Viki," and since she is denied that, she is damaged and turns on her nemesis with a fury. Interesting. Here's Rileyanne's take: "I find that realistic but would want her to realize she can do better than be a Viki-clone and that those feelings are not reciprocated in any way, shape, or form. I do believe that at the core of Dorian's character she wants the type of love and respect that has been afforded to Viki."

I vividly recall a Hotline where Robin addressed that Dorian was constantly a loser to Viki or lesser than to Viki always being written as better than her. I see it as Robin's motivation as an actress and perhaps why her fans root so passionately for her. We believe what Rileyanne states above. Not only does Dorian want the type of love and respect afforded to Viki, but she deserves it because she is fierce in her love for others. She deserves a man, for instance, who puts her first and does not compare her to Viki.
I agree. As to other secrets about the Cramer household, Strasser suggests that the Cramers really aren't related at all and that Sonya Cramer is not Dorian's mother. "They established Dorian looked exactly like Sonya and Cassie looked just like Dorian," Rileyanne remarks. "To me, the idea that the mother was not really their mother is simply a defense mechanism to escape a link to a woman who severely abused her."

I wrote a fan fiction story about Sonya not being Dorian's mother. I bought into it because Dorian was always the strongest of the sisters. In my story, Dorian's mother was Sonya's cousin and the two women were striking in their resemblance.

"How should the amazing Robin Strasser take her iconic character from the show? First, and most importantly, I want her to get her happy ending and, really, I do not care how they accomplish this happy ending. Do it! When you are ending a series, I believe it is vital, that the important characters like Dorian, get that triumphant goodbye."

"We are losing two fantastic Cramer women," Rileyanne sighs. "If it is together, it must make sense from each character's point of view and their history. I do not want Dorian just tagging along and I do not want them leaving because lesser men have hurt them or humiliated them. They are strong women who demand a great goodbye."

I have rarely gotten what I wanted from Ron Carlivati. I have not seen on screen that he gets the fullness of this character and what she has to offer. Too often she is played as a plot-device or as a support for David's stories. What I want is a story about Dorian. Dorian is a legacy character on this show and Robin has spent most of her career on OLTL. Many of her fans have followed her on this journey. Dorian deserves an ending that allows fans to see that she is loved and remains a strong woman. In the end that's what I want to see.
Thanks for the interview, Rileyanne.
rileyanne
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 08:59 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,458

Thanks for the kind words. I love this board.

I really hope we are surprised with a Dorian-centric finale for this character AND that she returns for the final shows.

Unfortunately, think of what is the worst possible ending for Dorian--and it will be far, far worse.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0479 seconds · Archive
<
Find out re: "CHARITIES" supported by Robin Strasser. For music videos, episodes of Robin as Dorian, tributes, special appearances & video playlists, visit the "DIVA Gallery"
The Latest News
FEATURE of the Month
50 YEARS - A Lifetime Achievement

CLICK on image to find out why CAREER deserves EMMY recognition.

(Glide cursor over the scroll for PAUSE)

WEB ADDRESS for the DIVA board is:

rsdiva.com. Spread the WORD!!!!

OLMV benefits FINE ARTS in New Orleans. GO Here:

IN THE SPOTLIGHT:

"Baby M Movie"

CLICK below:

SUPPORT Robin Strasser. Visit the Diva for LIFE! page. GO HERE:

WATCH the mvid: "Bird on a Wire," in the Video Archives.

CLICK BELOW:

Call Robin's HOTLINE: (212) 414-5300 and follow her on TWITTER.

On 9.27.14 Walk of Fame was updated.
Click on the picture:

DON'T FORGET to SUPPORT Robin with her latest projects.

SITE of the Month
The DIVA's site of the month is:
Robin Strasser on TWITTER

Click on image. Follow Strasser.
Photo above by Steven Bergman.
">CELEBRATING 10 YEARS of DIVA