Red Bloom created by Agnostic Angel of the IF Skin Zone

Since 2006, DIVA has been a message board and online forum for fans of Emmy award-winning actress Robin Strasser. DISCLAIMER: Expressed views, video uploads by the DIVA board administrator represent support for the actress and do not by association or inclusion represent endorsement of projects or shows that feature Ms. Strasser. Posters on this board are free to express whatever they choose as long as Robin Strasser is respected. Lastly, opinions are those of the individual posters and independent of the actress.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Guests are invited to sign the guestbook while vising the board. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Pulse - Melissa Ethridge

Strasser tweets on 1 year anniversary of Pulse night club murders: LIGHT A CANDLE-say a prayer-Whatever
you do, please take the time to remember the good people lost to the devastation and horror of hate!

Strasser: "...I'm 100% certain 99% of my 17.2 (twitter followers) are #BetteDavisFans"

FEATURED VIDEOS:

"ROBIN STRASSER - One Life to Live - Clip#2 1983"
"ROBIN STRASSER - OLTL - Dorian's Temper"

One Life Many Voices Sample Tracks

READ: Turning Leaves v3 + Lady in Red Short Stories
Unsavory Alliances + Make It REAL (Give Me Your Heart)

Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... On Twitter, Strasser announces home purchase; she keeps a home NYC, will be bi-coastal.... Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC...Strasser Sells THOUSAND OAKS, CA Home... Currently residing in New York... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... VISIT the My Big Fat Unasked For Opinion page on the "Official Website of Robin Strasser" .... Robin offers some marvelous inexpensive beauty tips.... Check it OUT!!! ... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... FOLLOW Robin on TWITTER, call ROBIN's HOTLINE: 212-414-5300... Brilliant & Intimate: The Robin Strasser Official Website: "www.robinstrasser.net"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).

Pages: (53) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

SHOUT OUT
cher62
Posted: May 12 2006, 06:23 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

SHOUTOUT
cher62
Posted: Jun 7 2010, 04:38 PM

Administrator

thumbsuponly.gif A poster at Soap Central asked viewers yesterday evening (the poll closed today) who they would like to see paired with Dorian.
There were 35 respondents in this sampling.
Charlie 0 0%
Clint 2 5.71%
David 9 25.71%
Mel 4 11.43%
ray99.jpg Ray 15 42.86%
Somebody Else 5 14.29%

thumbsuponly.gif So for the week of May 24-28, 2008, OLTL brought in more household viewers than any other ABC soap and it was ranked #3 in the 18-49 demos. Yeah, that was the week we saw dori.gif Robin Strasser as dorianwinter.jpg DORIAN for FOUR DAYS. MORE Dorian, please! Fans will watch!
cher62
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 07:42 PM

Administrator

To the FANS it matters that OLTL does not have Dorian Lord on the show's finale:
This from Jeremy in Chicago at Soaptown USA:
The last episodes should be about the Buchanan family, and especially, Viki and Dorian.

Ugh, there I go again. Just as I start to enjoy the show a bit, I come back to the fact that no matter what Ron and Frank have in store for the finale, Dorian isn't going to be there. How has it come to this, when the finale needs to be all about Viki and Dorian? I'm not saying they are the only characters that matter, but they are the most important. Yet one half of that equation is gone - and barring a top secret miracle - gone forever.  Despite so much sad news of late, thanks to the idiots at Prospect Park (yes, IDIOTS - read on), nothing makes me more depressed than knowing that Dorian will not be around for the last episodes of One Life to Live. No matter the circumstance, there is simply no excuse for this. None. I wish Robin Strasser had burst through the studio doors on the last day of filming and said, "F*ck it - I'll do it for free! Just show Dorian eavesdropping on Viki and Clint! Let her walk in at the very end and tell Viki the truth about Victor Lord's murder! Heck, just let me walk across the set one last time!" Because honestly, even a glimpse of her would remind us of what makes this show really tick. We know Viki is the show's heart - always has been. But Dorian, my friends, is the show's brain. Correction: She was the show's brain. And she was the show's nerve, too. It took Dorian's nerve to tell Viki that her father raped her repeatedly as a child, in what was to become the greatest storyline in the history of a soap opera.   

I don't mean to harp on Dorian. What's done is done. But now that we know the show is ending for good, her absence seems insurmountably crushing - and truly, inexcusable. Something should have been done to get Strasser back. In my heart of hearts, I still hold out a tiny ray of hope that Strasser secretly taped a farewell appearance. But I know her well enough to realize that she would certainly have tweeted something about it by now.
cher62
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 08:29 PM

Administrator

user posted image

Jeremy in Chicago gives his Best and Worst in the latest CRAZE column at Soaptown USA.
Dorian/Robin are mentioned in several places.
Also read the Best and Worst from the columnists at Serial Drama.
cher62
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 08:30 PM

Administrator

SOURCE: On Air l On Soaps
Michael Fairman has a "Behind the Scenes" conversation with Erika Slezak (Viki, OLTL). She comments on Robin Strasser:
I miss Robin and Dorian, who is such a huge presence on this show.  I am sure they could always find another villain, but she was so much more than a villain.  I always said Robin brings something to the table, and I think I told you this, she brings a thanksgiving feast every single time she works…. so complete and so full and so rich, down to the rings on her fingers and the fingernails, and everything she does.  You would go, ‘There’s Dorian in all her glory.’ It’s just awesome to watch, and awesome to work with.  And I have always said the most important relationship, and the strongest relationship in the 43 years of One Life to Live, is Viki and Dorian.  You know the final closure that we had on-screen, Robin objected to that, when it was written to say that they were ‘Frenemies’.  Robin said, ‘Frenemies’ is not what they were, and so when she played the scene I think she said something else.  But it was sad not seeing her here.
cher62
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:26 AM

Administrator

cher62
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:10 AM

Administrator

cher62
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 04:47 PM

Administrator

user posted image MAY 7th is Robin's birthday. The DIVA board is transformed a week leading into her birthday to celebrate the day. Last year, it was a trip to Paris. This year, it will be a celebration of Robin's favorite movie actress--Bette Davis. If you'd like to extend a birthday wish to Robin, here's her address: 1202 Lexington Ave Ste 342 New York, NY 10028
cher62
Posted: May 5 2012, 01:33 PM

Administrator

user posted image In this week celebrating ROBIN STRASSER's birthday, which is May 7th, the DIVA board spotlights her favorite movie actress, Bette Davis.
WATCH the movie that catapulted Davis to stardom, 1934's "Of Human Bondage," adapted from a W. Somerset Maugham novel:

user posted image
Of Human Bondage
Movie run time: 1 hour 22 minutes.
READ New York Times movie review.
cher62
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:28 AM

Administrator

user posted image Continuing SPOTLIGHT on BETTE DAVIS in honor of ROBIN STRASSER'S Birthday on Monday, May 7th.
Bette Davis was famous for being the first lady of the silver screen to accept roles as bitches....and boy was she good! Here are some of her best moments playing the 'Good' girls and the bad!!
Uploaded by mothergoddam on Aug 13, 2009
cher62
Posted: May 7 2012, 04:52 AM

Administrator

user posted imageTODAY is Robin Strasser's Birthday
Happy Birthday SHOUT OUT
The DIVA board celebrates the occasion with best wishes to Robin
on her special day and a salute to Robin's favorite actress, Bette Davis.

user posted image
Happy Birthday, Robin (HBD2012)

user posted image
Visit Bette Davis: A Salute
cher62
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:13 PM

Administrator

user posted image
Robin tweeted user posted image:
Lots flowers, e mails, phone calls:) Feeling GREAT-FULL. Bisou and Rocket Man got cute puppy cuts:) I got a mani/pedi. We're relaxing:)
7 May 12
Thank you ALL for giving me the BEST of birthdays-BIG boost of energy today, got busy doing what needs doing:) This is a good thing. Thanks!
@FrankValentini #GeneralHospital called w/B'day cheer. FAB #GH has been picked up! Ms. Couric knows more than just her veggie chip expose:)
8 May 12
cher62
Posted: May 27 2012, 07:51 PM

Administrator

user posted image
Robin tweeted user posted image:
Not comfortable doing 140 on Memorial Day. 24/7 year-round men and women in our Armed Forces are risking their lives for us. Thank you!
Honoring those who passed or served is BIG. From my heart, may I ask you to do anything you can to support #VeteransAdministration? Vets #1
27 May 12
cher62
Posted: Jul 10 2012, 08:40 PM

Administrator

The Buzzcast
TERRIFIC to hear ROBIN. Here are some points that I appreciated:
  • Feels shared grief with fans over the loss of AMC and OLTL. The impact of storytelling that enters people's homes shouldn't be minimized. She admits to feeling the loss of a family with the loss of the show. She adopted her soap family into her heart. "It means I mourn the loss of a soap in a way that is maybe deeper than just the loss of a job." Mario Batali's comments implying that the Daytime audience had better get used to The Chew seemed to stir her grief which caused her comments on Twitter, which were not aimed at Laura Wright of whom she complimented.
  • Advocates standing up for what you believe in and love. She thinks that the term "rant" gets mis-applied. "How can you love something and not passionately defend it?" The terms "Momma Bear" or "lioness" are more of an accurate description of her intent . She adds that as a young person from the 60's, it's in her wiring to look for constructive ways to protest when things seem wrong.
  • Gives herself permission to believe that scripted dramas will not be extinct and not dismiss it as "magical thinking." She believes there have always been stories or the enjoyment of continued storytelling going back to when beings gathered around the campfire, long before the wheel was invented. "It's not over until the audience or the fans who love the shows says that it's over. If you haven't shut down your hearts you haven't shut down hope." The revitalization of Dallas may lead to a longer life for scripted stories that are professionally produced and acted. She acknowledges the budget would require streamlining.
  • Gave a shout out to Daytime journalists demonstrating respect for the genre. Even as there were criticisms it was done with a love for the shows. Robin laughs as she shares a story of the actors who played the Buchanans on OLTL and journalist Carolyn Hinsey.
  • Has positive response to GH crossovers and the OLTL characters/actors who were selected to be on GH. Would like to see show extended to 90 minutes with more people. Tells of her reaction when hearing Starr's baby Hope was killed on GH.
  • Looking for challenges even in her 60s. Though called a diva or grande dame, considers her work a testament that she is a supportive and collaborative screenmate with performers of all ages. She wants to be remembered as someone who always tried her best.
Thank you to HOST NaVell J. Lee Click below for Podcast #437: ROBIN STRASSER (ex-Dorian, OLTL) :
user posted image
cher62
Posted: Aug 10 2012, 06:17 PM

Administrator

OT:
user posted imageuser posted image Rest in Peace actor Al Freeman, Jr.
(March 21, 1934 - August 9, 2012)
Freeman Jr. played Lt. Ed Hall on One Life to Live and won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series in 1979. He is the first African American actor to win that specific award. Freeman Jr. is also well known for his role as Elijah Muhammed in Spike Lee's 1992 opus Malcolm X - a role he first played in the 1979 miniseries, Roots: The Next Generations. Read more. RELATED ARTICLE: More on Freeman
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Image hosting by PhotobucketPages: (53) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0486 seconds · Archive
<
Find out re: "CHARITIES" supported by Robin Strasser. For music videos, episodes of Robin as Dorian, tributes, special appearances & video playlists, visit the "DIVA Gallery"
The Latest News
FEATURE of the Month
50 YEARS - A Lifetime Achievement

CLICK on image to find out why CAREER deserves EMMY recognition.

(Glide cursor over the scroll for PAUSE)

WEB ADDRESS for the DIVA board is:

rsdiva.com. Spread the WORD!!!!

OLMV benefits FINE ARTS in New Orleans. GO Here:

IN THE SPOTLIGHT:

"Baby M Movie"

CLICK below:

SUPPORT Robin Strasser. Visit the Diva for LIFE! page. GO HERE:

WATCH the mvid: "Bird on a Wire," in the Video Archives.

CLICK BELOW:

Call Robin's HOTLINE: (212) 414-5300 and follow her on TWITTER.

On 9.27.14 Walk of Fame was updated.
Click on the picture:

DON'T FORGET to SUPPORT Robin with her latest projects.

SITE of the Month
The DIVA's site of the month is:
Robin Strasser on TWITTER

Click on image. Follow Strasser.
Photo above by Steven Bergman.
">CELEBRATING 10 YEARS of DIVA