Red Bloom created by Agnostic Angel of the IF Skin Zone

Since 2006, DIVA has been a message board and online forum for fans of Emmy award-winning actress Robin Strasser. DISCLAIMER: Expressed views, video uploads by the DIVA board administrator represent support for the actress and do not by association or inclusion represent endorsement of projects or shows that feature Ms. Strasser. Posters on this board are free to express whatever they choose as long as Robin Strasser is respected. Lastly, opinions are those of the individual posters and independent of the actress.

Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Diva. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Guests are invited to sign the guestbook while vising the board. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Pulse - Melissa Ethridge

Strasser tweets on 1 year anniversary of Pulse night club murders: LIGHT A CANDLE-say a prayer-Whatever
you do, please take the time to remember the good people lost to the devastation and horror of hate!

Strasser: "...I'm 100% certain 99% of my 17.2 (twitter followers) are #BetteDavisFans"

FEATURED VIDEOS:

"ROBIN STRASSER - One Life to Live - Clip#2 1983"
"ROBIN STRASSER - OLTL - Dorian's Temper"

One Life Many Voices Sample Tracks

READ: Turning Leaves v3 + Lady in Red Short Stories
Unsavory Alliances + Make It REAL (Give Me Your Heart)

Celebrating 10 YEARS of DIVA.... On Twitter, Strasser announces home purchase; she keeps a home NYC, will be bi-coastal.... Prospect Park Lawsuit Dismissed... ABC Regains Rights to Canceled OLTL and AMC...Strasser Sells THOUSAND OAKS, CA Home... Currently residing in New York... A We LOVE Soaps special series: READ the story of AW's Steve, Rachel and Alice... The DIVA Board Salutes ROBIN STRASSER for her 50 YEARS in Daytime.... Strasser on 1.19.15: If being truthful means loss of friends or opp to spin I'll keep telling it straight-NO net-this is how birds fly:)... VISIT the My Big Fat Unasked For Opinion page on the "Official Website of Robin Strasser" .... Robin offers some marvelous inexpensive beauty tips.... Check it OUT!!! ... DIVA board GUESTS are invited to sign in: "GUESTBOOK"... FOLLOW Robin on TWITTER, call ROBIN's HOTLINE: 212-414-5300... Brilliant & Intimate: The Robin Strasser Official Website: "www.robinstrasser.net"... Read latest "FAN TALK interview"... Also, READ fan fictions "Make It Real" (Dorian/Ray), "The World They Never Saw" (Dorian, Addie and Melinda fan fiction) and "Unsavory Alliances" (Herb, Dorian, Mel).

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Juliet Mills, Tabitha Lenox, Passions
cher62
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 08:55 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thirty-first Installment
Previous: Jerry verDorn, Clint Buchanan, One Life to Live

Juliet Mills
(Hecuba, Passions)
user posted image

I can't say that Robin Strasser in the role of the 300 year old witch Hecuba on NBC's Passions was my favorite role but I can say that it was a joy to watch this talented actress perform again after she left One Life to Live in 2000. This was never as apparent as in the scenes she shared with Hecuba's nemesis Tabitha Lenox, played by Juliet Mills.

Mills remarked in 2000 of Strasser's turn as Hecuba:
It's fun being bad and wicked. It seems like there's someone even badder coming down the pike here! Hecuba's pretty pretty bad, and she's been practicing down in the bowels of the earth for a long, long time, ever since I sent her down there. She's a very powerful witch, and seems to have it in for people, so there will be lots of shenanigans for the two of us.
Mills, NBCi presents "LIVE Chat," Oct. 2000 

Strasser commented about Mills in a LIVE Chat for NBC's Passions:
One thing I would like to add is that Juliet Mills, being the resident witch of Harmony, has always been a favorite of mine. I wanted to come on and while our characters were supposed to be confrontational and adversarial, and I wanted to complement the wonderful energy and qualities that Juliet has brought to the role of Tabitha.

The Emmy award-winning, two-time Golden Globe nominated Mills was born in London England on November 21, 1941 during World War 2; soon, the family moved to the country to be away from the German Luftwaffe raids. Mills is the eldest child of Sir John Mills (Oscar-winning actor) and Mary Hayley Bell (distinguished novelist). Her siblings are Hayley Mills (actor, The Parent Trap) and Jonathan Mills (actor, writer, producer). With famous parents, Mills grew up surrounded by actors such as Rex Harrison, David Niven and Marlon Brando. Mills recalled her childhood in the 2000 documentary film Sir John Mills' Moving Memories, written by her brother.

Early on, the actress, who starred on Passions from 1999 to 2008, aspired to be a ballerina and attended the Elmhurst Ballet School, in Camberley, Surrey in England but acting won out. By 1960, Mills was nominated for a Tony Award for her first major role on stage at 16. She played Pamela Harrington in the Peter Shaffer play Five Finger Exercises. Later, she was the lead in the sitcom Nanny and the Professor in 1970-71. She received Golden Globe nominations for her work in this series (the American version of Mary Poppins) and for her role in the film Avanti! in 1972. In 1974, she won an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Single Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Drama Special" for her performance in the miniseries adaptation of QB VII. Also during the 1974-75 television season, Mills had a recurring role as Dr. Claire Hanley on NBC's Born Free.

In 1980, Mills met Maxwell Caulfield when she returned to the stage and the two starred in The Elephant Man. Caulfield, 18 years her junior, later became her third husband. Mills was married for the first time from 1961 to 1964, to Russell Alquist, Jr., with whom she had a son, Sean. Her second marriage was from 1975 to 1980 to Michael Miklenda, with whom she had a second child, a daughter, Melissa.

Mills and Caulfield.

On SOAPNet's Soapography, Mills discussed the age difference between her and her husband.
Everybody is always interested in the fact that I am married to someone who is a lot younger than I am ... There are no rules, and that's what I believe, because age doesn't really matter. If you meet someone that you're really close to, someone that you love, stick with that.

In 2009, Mills joined the cast of the ITV drama Wild at Heart, playing Georgina, the sister of a character played in the previous series by her real-life sister Hayley. She also guest-starred in two episodes of Hot in Cleveland as Philipa Scroggs, Joy's mother. Joy is played by actress Jane Leeves.

In 2015, Mills toured Australia with her husband and sister in the comedy Legends! by James Kirkwood. Mills and Caulfield reside in California. She enjoys cooking and gardening.

Career Highlights
Hot in Cleveland - Philipa (2010-2015)
Wild at Heart - Georgina (2009)
Passions - Tabitha Lenox (July 1999 - 2008)
Sidney Sheldon's A Stranger in the Mirror - Alice Tanner (1993)
Columbo: No Time to Die - Eileen Hacker (1992)
Night of the Fox (1990)
Monsters (1990)
Judith Krantz's 'Till We Meet Again - Vivianne (1989)
Murder, She Wrote - Annette Pirage (1987)
Dynasty - Rosalind Bedford (1981)
Hart to Hart - Kate (1980)
Nanny and the Professor - Nanny 1970)
Twelve O'Clock High - Sydney Vaughn (1966)
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - Eya (1965)
Man of the World - Carla (1962)

Awards & Acclaim
Daytime Emmys Nomination - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series (2005)
Daytime Emmys Pre-Nomination - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
Emmy Awards Winner - Best TV Actress in a Mini-series (1975)
Golden Globes Nominee - Best Motion Picture Actress, Musical or Comedy (1973)
Golden Globes Winner - Best TV Actress in a Musical or Comedy (1971)
Tony Award Nominee - Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play (1960)

RELATED LINKS:
IMDb --Juliet Mills
Soaps.sheknows.com
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0293 seconds · Archive
<
Find out re: "CHARITIES" supported by Robin Strasser. For music videos, episodes of Robin as Dorian, tributes, special appearances & video playlists, visit the "DIVA Gallery"
The Latest News
FEATURE of the Month
50 YEARS - A Lifetime Achievement

CLICK on image to find out why CAREER deserves EMMY recognition.

(Glide cursor over the scroll for PAUSE)

WEB ADDRESS for the DIVA board is:

rsdiva.com. Spread the WORD!!!!

OLMV benefits FINE ARTS in New Orleans. GO Here:

IN THE SPOTLIGHT:

"Baby M Movie"

CLICK below:

SUPPORT Robin Strasser. Visit the Diva for LIFE! page. GO HERE:

WATCH the mvid: "Bird on a Wire," in the Video Archives.

CLICK BELOW:

Call Robin's HOTLINE: (212) 414-5300 and follow her on TWITTER.

On 9.27.14 Walk of Fame was updated.
Click on the picture:

DON'T FORGET to SUPPORT Robin with her latest projects.

SITE of the Month
The DIVA's site of the month is:
Robin Strasser on TWITTER

Click on image. Follow Strasser.
Photo above by Steven Bergman.
">CELEBRATING 10 YEARS of DIVA